• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Battle Creek police chief to retire... hmmm interesting!

autosurgeon

imported post

BC Police Chief Headings to retire65-year-old to be replaced by Jackie HamptonUpdated: Thursday, 28 Jan 2010, 7:38 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 28 Jan 2010, 7:38 PM EST
Battle Creek Police Chief David Headings is retiring in February, making way for a new leader.
The 65-year-old has reached the mandatory retirement age, and will hand the reins to deputy chief Jackie Hampton, who has been with the force for 22 years.
"If you look at the progression of my career and you think of the natural progression of things, then yes, I would be sitting in this chair," Hampton said. "But I say that humbly. I'm definitely honored to be sitting here. And I can't wait until the time comes."
When it's his time to retire, Hampton added, he hopes he has left the Battle Creek Police Department and the community a better place.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/BC-Police-Chief-Headings-to-retire