• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry on Officer dot com - St George vs Alamagordo

AZkopper

imported post

Reading some (many) of the comments on officer.com really makes me ashamed of a good chunk of my peers. The level of ignorance, anti-Constitutional opinions, us vs. them mentality, and justification for all of it is truely pathetic.

Thank God I'm in a state that recognizes a person's Rights.

I can't just chalk it up to 'bad training' either. When I was a young cop in a small Ghetto city of L.A. County, my partner and I occationally stopped otherwise law abiding people who had loaded firearms in their vehicles for self protection. Not once did we ever 'follow the law' and arrest anyone. We made sure they understood they were in violation of CA law, and that another officer could, and probably would, arrest them. Either you respect the Constitution or you don't.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
Reading some (many) of the comments on officer.com really makes me ashamed of a good chunk of my peers. The level of ignorance, anti-Constitutional opinions, us vs. them mentality, and justification for all of it is truely pathetic.

I can't just chalk it up to 'bad training' either. When I was a young cop in a small Ghetto city of L.A. County, my partner and I occationally stopped otherwise law abiding people who had loaded firearms in their vehicles for self protection. Not once did we ever 'follow the law' and arrest anyone. We made sure they understood they were in violation of CA law, and that another officer could, and probably would, arrest them. Either you respect the Constitution or you don't.

...And thank God we have LEO's like you and the two officers I encountered last night at a gas station. When someone pointed out to the officers that I was carrying a gun as I waited in line (and I heard it and immediately thought "Here we go!") all I heard was the response "He's not doing anything illegal." As I walked out I looked and nodded at the two officers.

I do have a certain disdain towards LEO's, for personal reasons. I did a short stint as a Police Dispatcher in a suburb of Chicago where my father was a Lieutenant on the fire dept. I came in as a temp fora woman who was going on maternity leave. One of the officers, a married officer, got upset with me because the chief's secretary, whom he had been having an affair with until she ended it, asked me out for drinks. He cornered me in the locker room, put his .357 service revolver to my head and told me, "If you know what's good for you, you won't go out with Jean." In full view of at least two other officers. I got to experience the "Blue wall of silence" first hand as none of the officers backed up my story of what happened to me.

Now, I do realize that I can't judge all LEO's on the actions of this idiot (who died a couple of years later of a heart attack and was buried in the same cemetery as my grandfather...it gave me a certain sense of satisfaction when I went to visit my grandfather's grave and stopped by the LEO's grave and took a piss on his headstone); but, I've encounter many...far too many...police officers that think they are above the law and/or have a "God Complex." My wife, years ago, was pulled over for running a red light (which she claims was BS in the first place) and told by an officer that if she performed a certain sexual service for him...he'd forget all about the ticket. A friend of my wife's, who was married to a LEO, who was a lying cheating b@stard (a common thread among many LEO's I've known or known of) was told by her "adoring husband" that he could "make her disappear" and how none of his "Brothers in blue" would question it.

So, in short, I will NEVER count on a LEO to protect me...in far too many cases, they are as bad, if not worse, than the criminals...and from what I read on that forum, it seems like many of those on officer.com fit that description.

zack991

imported post

Mr.FiredUp wrote:
zack991 wrote:
Mr.FiredUp wrote:
Where is the thread? I can't find it over there.
They removed it.
Hmmmmmm..... Were you guys making logical points again? I thought you were told not to make rational arguments and just do whatever your told.....
was not even able to get that far. lol

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

I wonder what the deal is with the LEO's (not all of them as proved on this thread) not wanting us law abiding citizens carry? Is it a paid fire fighter hating the volunteer type of thing? If that's the case, I wish I could explain to them that I DON'T WANNA BE A COP. No offense to any LEO as I respect them for what they do, and thank them for their service every chance I get. It has to be a tough job and I'm thankful that so many want to serve. I choose to carry for multiple reasons but the big thing to me has been said many times... "When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away". I don't want to be law enforcement, I just want to protect myself and my community.

suntzu

imported post

buster81 wrote:
Every time I visit the blue uniformedauthoritarians over at o.com, I can taste vomit in my mouth. Is it just me?
nope, isn't just you.

most of them would have gone far under Lenin and Stalin. Many of their opinions are quite eye opening as to how they view us.

suntzu

imported post

Mr.FiredUp wrote:
I wonder what the deal is with the LEO's (not all of them as proved on this thread) not wanting us law abiding citizens carry?
because "THEY know what is best for you"--and they try to prove it with intimidation and threats of arrest for non crimes.

That is why they try to intimidate OC'ers. I would like to see criminal 4A prosecutions in federal court for a change.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
buster81 wrote:
Every time I visit the blue uniformedauthoritarians over at o.com, I can taste vomit in my mouth. Is it just me?
No, I do too.
Me too. Cause and effect. Particularly with the California LEO's where the JBT authorityattitude seems endemic. Abuse of authority under color of law seems not to matter. You can't even be civil with 'em... or even reasonable before the vein blows in their bullnecks. I'll never go west of the Colorado River again. This ain't cop bashing... it's factual observations. They could learn much about community relations from AZ DPS.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

AZkopper wrote:

I did the same in Baltimore. How can you take the oath to 'support and defend the Constitution' and uphold the laws of the State of Maryland' in the same breath when such laws are in conflict with the law of the land? OK... so the 14A failed to incorporate in 1873. But, theConstitution as is commonly understood is the basis for all laws. IMHO... laws must be IAW the USC or they are not legitmate laws at all.

You can read a person's intent most of the time... You know that gun is there for the same reason you've got one on your hip... 'n maybe another on your ankle. Self Defense. People have that right... and the state has no legitimate authority to deny mere possession of the means. Well... they call it legit, but it's not. It's institutionalized tyranny creating ciminality by default for an act that is Constitutionally recognized and protectedless than 100 miles in any direction from Baltimore.

If anyone wonders why I'm a 'Zonie now... it wasn't by accident.

zack991

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
buster81 wrote:
No, I do too.
Me too. Cause and effect. Particularly with the California LEO's where the JBT authorityattitude seems endemic. Abuse of authority under color of law seems not to matter. You can't even be civil with 'em... or even reasonable before the vein blows in their bullnecks. I'll never go west of the Colorado River again. This ain't cop bashing... it's factual observations. They could learn much about community relations from AZ DPS.
A NCO I work with in the NG(trying to go back active, NG is a JOKE.) Blew up on me and another soldier who where talking about the stuff we had seen or experienced. He then proceeding to tell us to" shut up and that we are clueless about what we think we know." "That our stupidity got us into trouble", yet nothing we where talking about had anything to do with us doing anything illegal and in many cases did not even involve us.

I have never seen a cop blow up and be as ignorant as he did. What really ticked him off was when I was telling my friend the constant problems we where having with Youngstown PD when we call them as armed guards for a variety of problems. He went on to calling me a wannabe cop and that I need to just shut up and quit talking or I would be pushing.

It was so far from any bashing what so ever he just flipped out like I have never seen before. Most cops I speak to honestly with my question have good answers to why cops might have done something that would be strange to others and I. In most cases it makes my opine of officers become better from talking to one openly.

After that encounter I have been fighting to go back active duty because it is one of many things that have shown me NG is a complete joke and the rank that most have are given out verses earned like in AD. My biggest mistake was ever getting out of AD in the first place. His little arrogant rant to me makes me very un-trusting of police in this area and I do understand we have great cops out here. Yet this sours my opine of police in general.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I take it this (NG) NCO is a cop? I'd remind him he can't wear both hats at once... but then... You might wan'ta give your Platoon Lt. a nudgee... or the CSM, depending on their dispositions. Or... let sleeping dogs lie. I made the mistake of getting out once too. Re-upped in the 'regulars' and finished up my 20. Best moveI ever made.

Statesman

imported post

Reverend45Cal wrote:
This is the one that gets me.

"I'm just going to add my awesome two cents worth of info. I haven't even been here that long and I'm sick to death on seeing topics like this already. Not every state has open carry and that's how it should be. Society in general does not have the maturity to handle this privilege. We have people who get a hint of road rage, or see a woman with a purse on the street, and instantly run to the gun to rob, shoot, threaten, etc with little to no cause. Do you really think the Government would be so stupid to ALLOW anybody to "openly" carry? Give me a break. Personally, firearms should be limited to military and police like in many countries. Any possession by a civilian should be a zero tolerance felony. Voila, most gun crime is solved due to very strict punishment."

Sounds like he would be right at home In Nazi Germany.
Society in general does not have the maturity to handle this privilege
And YOU do? Based on what information besides your statist opinion should society not handle this RIGHT? We are not your sheep to be managed and herded at your pleasure.

The "allow" and "privilege" mentality comes from an authoritarian statist mindset. This officer needs to move to Communist China. I will pay for his or her one way plane ticket out of the U.S. if he renounces his citizenship.

firearms should be limited to military and police like in many countries
And why should we trust YOU with a firearm?

Oh, you mean like the Chi-Coms where they have rampant human rights violations, and in Somalia, where the military rules the streets raping and pillaging women and children, and violating private property rights? Are these the plans you have for your subjects, you tyrant? Great idea there, Mao. Maybe we should force people into communal farms and let them starve to death while we're at it?

Even Great Britain is imploding due to crime caused by disarmed victims.

It's people like you who cause state sponsored genocide, and have contributed to over 170 million deaths in the 20th century alone.

http://www.innocentsbetrayed.com

most gun crime is solved due to very strict punishment
Exactly what does that have to do with legal open carry? Nothing.

There are many good police men and women out there. This person isn't one of them. Police departments really do need to screen out the authoritarian statists tyrants out of their queue of applicants. If any police departments are interested in filtering out these types of candidates, head on over to http://www.keirsey.com to get personality profiles.

zack991

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I take it this (NG) NCO is a cop? I'd remind him he can't wear both hats at once... but then... You might wan'ta give your Platoon Lt. a nudgee... or the CSM, depending on their dispositions. Or... let sleeping dogs lie. I made the mistake of getting out once too. Re-upped in the 'regulars' and finished up my 20. Best moveI ever made.
Yep he has been a cop a few years. I have done the paperwork asking to be released from my contract from NG and I have been told it can take up too 9 months to get approved. There was almost the entire platoon there that seen his little tantrum and we will just let him hang himself on continued insulting solders, considering he just got his E-5 I dont't think he will have it too much longer.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

zack991 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Yep he has been a cop a few years. I have done the paperwork asking to be released from my contract from NG and I have been told it can take up too 9 months to get approved. There was almost the entire platoon there that seen his little tantrum and we will just let him hang himself on continued insulting solders, considering he just got his E-5 I dont't think he will have it too much longer.
Power trippin' boot buck Sgt? LOL! Maybe your 1st shirt or Platoon Sgtwill yank him up by the short 'n curlies. I dunno... whatever he's exhibiting... it ain't leadership. Are you grunts, aviationor housecats?