• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks from Hickory, NC

chiefjason

imported post

Some background info on me. I have been OC'ing around Hickory for the last year without a problem. But there have been some issues with a few folks who OC and CC with some of the officers. It seems that Georgia Carry's and others hard work is being noticed all the way up here. I'm not a member on any of the Georgia boards, but feel free to cut and paste this to any of them you wish too. A big thumbs up and thank you from the Tarheel State. This is what I posted over on the NC board.

I know someone who sat in on a meeting with the Hickory PD today. Several issues were discussed, including one that I am happy to report. One of the senior officers, Major IIRC, passed out some info and instructed all of his officer to pass the word onto their subordinates and especially the rookie officers. The info was......a holstered firearm is NOT GATTTOTP (Going Armed to the Terror of the Public). :celebrate The quote I got was, "For heavens sake don't try to charge anybody carrying a holstered firearm with GATTTOTP. It's not. Unless they are waving it around making threats they are perfectly legal." Then he mentioned the lawsuits some of the Georgia departments have gotten themselves into lately. He does not want to get involved in any of those nasty lawsuits. SWEEEEETTT!!!

The person knows I OC, and would not give me bad info. Particularly since it proves them and the magistrate wrong, and me right. :dude:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum41/37294.html

aadvark

imported post

Going Armed to the Terror of The Public is a North Carolina Common Law age old excuse to effect an Arrest against someone who otherwis is not doing anything wrong.

Finally, a Law Enforcement Agency who admits this too!

Now, if only North Carolina would get rid of its: 1. Assemblies and Establishments Law, and 2. Parades, and Riots, and Demonstrations Law, then, North Carolina would be alright.

chiefjason

imported post

Funny thing is we have NC Supreme Court case law to support us but LEO's insist on bringing it up a lot. State v Huntley is pretty clear that the criminal intent is the determining factor. Yeah there are some things we need to work on up here.