• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Contra Costa County Sheriff and Open Carry?

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Okay, the Contra Costa County Sheriff's refusal to issue concealed carry permits except to the rich and famous and campaign contributors pushes open carry as the only option for those who wish to carry.

Has he commented on the open carry activities? Is he willing to issue CCW to prevent the Brady bunch from feeling intimidated?

Poblacht32

imported post

Guy B. Meredith wrote:
Okay, the Contra Costa County Sheriff's refusal to issue concealed carry permits except to the rich and famous and campaign contributors pushes open carry as the only option for those who wish to carry.

Has he commented on the open carry activities? Is he willing to issue CCW to prevent the Brady bunch from feeling intimidated?
Our current sheriff here in Contra Costa County is going to be retiring this year I believe it is. The Chief of Police for Concord, David Livingstonis running for Sheriff and is endorsed by a lot of people in the Sheriff's Department. He does not issue CCW Permits for anyone in Concord! I'm sure his policies will remain the same when and if he becomes our next Sheriff.