Thread: Montana Gold Bullets -- Any Experience With Them?

Post imported post

I recently discovered http://www.montanagoldbullet.com and wondered if anyone has any experience with them. Has anyone tested their hollowpoints? I'm thinking that their 9mm bullets especially look like they'd be a decently priced carry option if they actually perform. At the prices on their website, it would be possible to get lots of practice with them. The design appears to be a copy of the currently all-but-unobtainable Hornady XTP bullets.

Has anybody tested them to see how they actually expand?

Post imported post

Seein' as how I live about 10 minutes from them, I have used them extensively.

I used to use their 9mm, 40 S&W and 45ACP bullets for IDPA and USPSA. Time was you could walk in a buy their seconds. Between a couple fellow shooters and myself, we probably went through 100,000 rounds in a span of about 3 years. They're pretty big with the game shooters up here who reload. I've never heard anything bad about them.

As far as their hollow points for self defense, I don't know. I've shot them, but never "tested" them. I only use factory ammo for carry ammo (unless it's 44mag or 45 Colt when tromping through the woods).
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Post imported post

Well, I guess if they perform well as hunting bullets they should perform well as self defense rounds. Anybody else know how they perform?

Post imported post

Just to clarify, by "game" bullets, I'm speaking of IDPA, USPSA, etc. - not hunting.
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702