• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Battle Creek Open Carry

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Weeeee! That was fun! See the Lansing thread for more detail; overall, a "fun" day for Open Carry in Michigan.

We should do some demonstrations in front of the Lansing PD.

autosurgeon

imported post

So as was mentioned in the Lansing thread the BC police played a cute little juvenile game with us. They went to the Mongolian Barbecue and posted a no firearms allowed on the premises sign.

So we ended up eating at Taco Bell..

Now here is the very interesting part I decided to go by the joint after the event and see if the sign was still up and lo and behold it was gone...and they were still open.

And here is a rather crappy picture showing that the sign is no longer in evidence at 7:59 PM on 1-30-10.

IMAGE_136.jpg

I think that the police most likely put it up without asking and then took it back down to hide the evidence. If that is the case they were impeding a business from doing legitimate business which is unlawful. I hope Mastiff finds out what the story is from the owners and if my supposition is the case that they make a complaint about the 120.00 in business that they lost BC of this action.

autosurgeon

imported post

Well we know for a fact they did this to screw with us... and based on the way the sign was worded it was done by a LEO BC the wording was far more technical than the average person would use.

Most people would say No Guns Allowed... but this sign said No Firearms Allowed on the Premises... that is legal terminology such as a LEO or attorney would use.

Also the fact that we observed a Black and White exiting the parking lot just as we got there and then he turned around and was watching us as we got to the doors where the sign was from across the street.

And then when I found the sign was magically gone 2 hours later.... well :lol:

mastiff69

imported post

Wow, Can I just say WOW !!!

It is so nice to know that the Battle Creek Police Dept. has our backs, fronts, & sides, while we ( 11 of us) Plus the Channel 3 news crew went for our walk, it was so nice to know that the police were out there in Force.

I believe i saw at least 4-6 different officers watching us at different times at all times there was at least 1 officer in sight of us.

It was also very nice of the ??????? to contact the restaurant that we were going to have dinner at, and so a (No firearms allowed on premise) sign hand written was put on thedoor.

HUMMM??? Playing Games with citizens are we.

The first time i gave the City a heads up and a pass, now that the city has been educated then there will no more....

SpringerXDacp

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Well we know for a fact they did this to screw with us... and based on the way the sign was worded it was done by a LEO BC the wording was far more technical than the average person would use.

Most people would say No Guns Allowed... but this sign said No Firearms Allowed on the Premises... that is legal terminology such as a LEO or attorney would use.

Also the fact that we observed a Black and White exiting the parking lot just as we got there and then he turned around and was watching us as we got to the doors where the sign was from across the street.

And then when I found the sign was magically gone 2 hours later.... well
If this is actually the case, it just further proves PD's across Michigan are keeping close tabs on the threads here. Right now, I'm kind of on the fence with this, in that, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

manicdevery

imported post

indeed very interesting. . . perhaps they magically changed their minds? . . .seems that we are suddenly being magically targeted. . . magically. . .

sorry for the overuse of . . .

Devery . . .

kyleplusitunes

imported post

Autosurgeon, your cell phone cam automatic stamps all photos with metadata, it appears you took that photo at 7:59 pm on 1/30/10, you can find and confirm this by saving the image then right clicking the file, going down to properties, and clicking details

this correct?

Kimberguy

imported post

just got off the phone with the camera guy.... he told me that they did interview the owners at the Mongolian king, and they said that the police were going to all the businesses "warning" them about us. That would explain all the positive feedback we got from the public, my guess would be that they were people who head what the LEOs were saying, and gave us their support!

also, going through my pictures.... i'll post them as soon as they are done.

mikestilly

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
just got off the phone with the camera guy.... he told me that they did interview the owners at the Mongolian king, and they said that the police were going to all the businesses "warning" them about us.  That would explain all the positive feedback we got from the public, my guess would be that they were people who head what the LEOs were saying, and gave us their support!

I'm glad they were thorough. They will have an impressivenew broadcast. I cant wait to see itm

Kimberguy

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Kimberguy wrote:
just got off the phone with the camera guy.... he told me that they did interview the owners at the Mongolian king, and they said that the police were going to all the businesses "warning" them about us. That would explain all the positive feedback we got from the public, my guess would be that they were people who head what the LEOs were saying, and gave us their support!

I'm glad they were thorough. They will have an impressivenew broadcast. I cant wait to see itm
just saw it, i very much liked it.

mastiff69

imported post

Wow i was just by the restaurant at 10pm and the owner was leaving and the sign is indead gone. will post more updates later, ps with NO speculation from me only facts !!!

PS I SEE YOU,:what:

Grow up Battle Creek Police Dept. How childish of you to go around stalking people that are obeying the law, and you wonder why your dept. has the reputation that it has.:uhoh:

Not one person in that group was violating any laws, including walking with the cross walk lights.:celebrate

I saw more police cars in my 1/2 mile walk then i see driving around in Battle Creek all day, what a waste of tax payers money and fuel.....

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Ok everyone I have on recording the owner of the restaurant stating the only reason he put the sign up is because the police came in and told him to. He took it down when he was told we were gone. Unfortunately just found out my line input on computer is not working properly but I will post when I have it loaded.