Thread: Ranges in/near Fredericksburg?

Post imported post

Hey all...the only range I know of nearby is "The Range" off of exit 136 in Stafford. Are there any others nearby? The big reason I'm asking is I want a place that will allow me to shoot both pistols and shotguns. I'm not looking for anything fancy, outdoor is just fine...basically I need a good range trip, as it's been a while since I've shot anything at all. Thanks!

Post imported post

I know a guy who is looking into building a new one out that way. Not sure where they are at in the process of getting started though.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Public: nothing unless you consider Clarke Bros close.

Private: Fredericksburg Rod & Gun Club, Issac Walton League, Northern Virginia Gun Club off VA-218 in King George
    ---

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
    Public: nothing unless you consider Clarke Bros close.

Private: Fredericksburg Rod & Gun Club, Issac Walton League, Northern Virginia Gun Club off VA-218 in King George
    What rlh has stated but he left out the Quantico Shooting club. It is open for membership to "civilians".

ETA!!! Forgot to mention Range 82 in Midland (near the Warrenton/Fauqier county ariport). It is a private membership club.

Post imported post

There are Issac Walton League facilities in both Spotsylvania and Stafford. I belong to the one in Stafford. Nice outdoor facilities for pistol, rifle, and shotgun. I believe the one in Spotsy is a bit smaller, so I've heard.