• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best CC or BUG

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
HankT wrote:
TylerJ87 wrote:
I am just looking to pick your brain about CC or BUGs. I.... Something that I could carry on me at all times but wouldn't be much of a nuisance.

I'll add a vote for a 5 shot revolver. A Smith J-frame or clone.

Make it on which is all steel or Air-Weight (alloy) frame, as you prefer,and add a Crimson Trace laser and you've got a fine CC or a BUG.

Plenty of used ones in EC out there in the secondary market.
العربية: من فضلك، لا تشجع المتصيدين!
أوه ، تأتي على CV6 ، لا يكون مثل هذا الدماغ الصغير ثلاثة أصابع القوارض!

sevenplusone

imported post

HankT wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
HankT wrote:
TylerJ87 wrote:
I am just looking to pick your brain about CC or BUGs. I.... Something that I could carry on me at all times but wouldn't be much of a nuisance.

Make it on which is all steel or Air-Weight (alloy) frame, as you prefer,and add a Crimson Trace laser and you've got a fine CC or a BUG.

May I ask?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
HankT wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
HankT wrote:
TylerJ87 wrote:

May I ask?
Maybe you shouldn't. :lol:

SlowDog

imported post

For me as a B.U.G. I find the Bersa Thunder 380 Plus a great little shooter. Holds 15 + 1 and with corbon +p's in it you and above a 38 spl. In the winter shoot FMJ's at 102grn. and super penetration.......just sayin....

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mel5051 wrote:
Oh, come on, CV6, not be such a small brain three fingers rodents!
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

Bronson

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
with corbon +p's
Just a quick aside ....there is no such thing as .380 +P. Ammo specs for the industry are set by SAAMI and SAAMI has never released specs for .380 +P so anybody selling .380 +P is really just selling hot .380 that is loaded to whatever specification they want without having to follow guidelines from an overseeing body.

Years ago Corbon had boxes of .380 mislabeled as +P, they have since removed it but the myth lives on.

Bronson

G

imported post

Bronson wrote:
SlowDog wrote:
with corbon +p's
Just a quick aside ....there is no such thing as .380 +P. Ammo specs for the industry are set by SAAMI and SAAMI has never released specs for .380 +P so anybody selling .380 +P is really just selling hot .380 that is loaded to whatever specification they want without having to follow guidelines from an overseeing body.

Years ago Corbon had boxes of .380 mislabeled as +P, they have since removed it but the myth lives on.

Bronson
This is also true of the .40 S&W +P.

There is no such thing.

SlowDog

imported post

And I have a couple of boxes of Corbon ammo "mismarked" then because it says 1040 velocity and that it's 380 +p acp. They shoot great but I guess they aren't +p's huh......ok. I stand corrected.

TylerJ87

imported post

how do you know if SAAMI has a standard? I am looking on their website but not sure how to look up info like that, I am interested in tech specs for 9mm +P