• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fear and loathing of OPEN CARRY in OLYMPIA

DEROS72

imported post

Outstanding article Dave..And everyone from OCDO there represented gun rightsexceptionally well.I thought everyone even from the other groups there did a super job of representing responsible gun owners and who we really are. I alsothinkit took Kline and Cease fire and what, all 14 of them there to support the bill by total surprise,as opposed to thehundreds there representing gun owners.A positive image went a long way.

Them not getting their way and WSP standing up for the law and not the wishes of a few anti gun people went a long way to show them...

they are beating a dead horse!

Machoduck

imported post

Thanks everyone who attended. Sounds like all of you did a great job. Mrs Duck and I tried to get there to offer what we could but had a bad day; ran late, got lost (sort of - we lost track of how to get to the hearing room), parking, and so forth. However we learned the layout of Olympia around the Capitol, so we're better prepared for next time.

Dave, that was a great article.

MD

compmanio365

imported post

I think it's hilarious when these types of people scream, "But you're SCARING everyone with your guns! I'm scared!" I ask.....if you were really SO scared....you wouldn't be in my face about it, now would you? No, you just don't LIKE what I'm doing, so you have to lie, say you're scared, and make a scene about it. Well, sorry bub, but my 2A rights don't stop applying because you have an issue with them.

Squeak

imported post

As I was walking to the hearing room, 2 troopers came up from behind me and one asked, "what ya carring?" As I showed him my camera, "A canon." I replied. I then told him it was a 9. His partner was laughing so I didn't hear what his comment was. He just shook his head and walked off. That was just after I visited with my Rep. Jan Angel. She wants me to make her an eagle. Should I ? Yeah, it was a good day.:celebrate

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Squeak wrote:
As I was walking to the hearing room, 2 troopers came up from behind me and one asked, "what ya carring?" As I showed him my camera, "A canon." I replied. I then told him it was a 9. His partner was laughing so I didn't hear what his comment was. He just shook his head and walked off. That was just after I visited with my Rep. Jan Angel. She wants me to make her an eagle. Should I ? Yeah, it was a good day.:celebrate
Now thats funny, go Squeak.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

If you think the article was good (it is execelent BTW) you should have been there to see it in living color, it was well worth the trip from Spokane.

DEROS72

imported post

One more observation for Cease fire and their gang........You have been

Dave Workman

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Dave, that was a simply outstanding article, perhaps your best ever.  Thank you!

Very generous of you amigo.

So long as it was accurate, that's the main thing.