• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Be Careful...

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
HankT wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
Too bad people are too stupid to realize: Cops don't know all the laws, and most of them rarely train with firearms!

Huh?

Can you support this claim?
Can you support any counter-claim, Hank?

Why do people assume that just because police officers carry guns that any significant portion of them are actually firearms enthusiasts or even do any more training with their firearms than is required by their departments?

Do we assume that because police officers carry radios that some large portion of them are ham operators in their spare time?

Do we assume that because officers use computers in their cars and elsewhere in their jobs that any significant number of them spend their free time playing with Linux?

Would any rational person assume that because police officers use cars in their jobs that any significant portion of them are into building hot rods, restoring old cars, watching NASCAR, or any other auto related hobby?

Do you figure that because police officers carry handcuffs that any significant number of them use handcuffs in their private "recreation"?

What is YOUR sample size to suggest that police officers, generally, are doing much more practice or training with their firearms than the bare minimum required by their department?

Note, I'm not saying what the number is or isn't. I'm just pointing out that to challenge someone else's claim is one thing. But to support a counter claim is quite another thing.

Charles

I'm pretty sure to be a cop at least one of those above statements have to apply to you

/s

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
ABSOLUTELY! Thank you for bringing this up Hank! I have had 2 police officers tell me, they shoot ONCE every 3-6 months. That was enough to satisfy me! Thank youagain for reminding me to post that :)
I was with three departments. One very large, one medium and one small. All three required yearly qualifications. That's once a year folks! I currently shoot once a *month!* Ok, so I don't shoot any full autos, but I do shoot common handguns officers use on and off duty. I consider myself better trained than the average LEO. (my next door neighbor is a deputy sheriff and I'll bet him two doughnuts I am more proficient than he is):celebrate

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
HankT wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
Hank, you question everything that EVERYONE says... I think you need to learn to post your own topics, so we can question every single thing you say, it sounds good to me ;)

217 topics started. How many have you started b5?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_user.php?id=1225&topics_started=1

Did you really just say that to show off? You just proved to me, and the rest of the forum, that you have no life. Will you tell the forum that you also play WoW and the Sims?

Good day Sir!

hehe, I think my "Schmedley" detector just went off! Yes it did, it alerted me to the presence of one who ismaybe fascinated with arguing down to the smallest semantics imagineable then showing off!Fascinating, perhaps??:lol:I just had to say it before I shut the hole in my face!