Thread: Richmond OC Early Brunch/Late Breakfast

Post imported post

http://www.rivercitydiner.com/Bellgrade/locations.html

Bring your appetite and your boots - the weather forcast is calling for some of that globular wormering stuff to be falling from the skies. Anyone want to bet that the smokers will be wandering on out at least twice no matter what the conditions?

Richmond / 36 Hour Forecast

Tonight
    Scattered Snow Showers
    High39Low 21

Scattered Snow Showers
    Cloudy skies with late-night snow showers. Low 21F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Precipitation

70%

Sunset: 5:30 PM

Tomorrow
    Snow
    High24Low15

Snow
    Periods of snow. Cold. High 24F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected.

Precipitation

80%

Sunrise: 7:15 AM

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Will have the plow to push a smoking section if need be, and yes the colection jar is in the truck.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm not sure. If I leave Gods Country I may get stuck in the Burbs...

Post imported post

I'm guessing that I'll be busy working and shivering. :?

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    I'm not sure. If I leave Gods Country I may get stuck in the Burbs...

LOL my mommy worried about me getting myself out of the burbs (not like I had anywhere to go!) so I'm stuck in God's Country! LOL

Post imported post

Hello Everyone,

If theweather is not too bad... I will be there.

Post imported post

Sigman1991 wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

Define "not too bad".

If we can make it, so can you. Don't be fooled by Peter & Clumsy - they both know how to drive in the snow -- just not very well.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Sigman1991 wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

Define "not too bad".

If we can make it, so can you. Don't be fooled by Peter & Clumsy - they both know how to drive in the snow -- just not very well.

stay safe.

skidmark

Driving in the snow is not the issue. Getting out of the driveway is! In town getting out of the neighborhood is, especially since last time we got a foot of snow they never bothered to plow! Out here in the sticks...lets not even go there...not all of us have 4x4's!

Post imported post

Hello again,

I will be there tomorrow.

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Sigman1991 wrote: If we can make it, so can you. Don't be fooled by Peter & Clumsy - they both know how to drive in the snow -- just not very well.

stay safe.

skidmark
    Snow is my friend. it's better than Swine Flu at thinning out the city people

Post imported post

Post imported post

I left before everyone else. Didn't want to miss Sailor Bob or Michael the Mechanic show.

Post imported post

Rough trip home.

Post imported post

How in the world so many folks managed to get turned sideways or backwards on I-95 while driving less than 25 mph completely befuddles me, but I think I passed no fewer than 15 between Parham Rd & the Franklin Street (VCU Hospital) exit.

Broad Street westbound was closed there so Iducked downhill to Main Street and over to Jeff Davis southbound. The only places open were the Golden Market and the 7-11s till I got home. Stopped off to top off the gas & picked up some fried chicken in case the two months of emergency rations run out before the streets are plowed/the snow melts (whichever comes first). I understand from the radio waves that got past my aluminum foil hat that Richmond City's snow removal plan - again - is May. [That's a joke, son. Laugh!]

KennyS, Grapeshot & Peter Nap all showed up. Courtney, our ever-faitthful waitress,was glad to see us, as we seemed to be just about the only folks there for most of the morning. It was fun looking out the window and watching the traffic - especially the trucks with plow blades held high above the pavement.

I'll be looking for sigman 1991 tomorrow morning - if for some reason I'm late please start without me.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Just got home, cleared my father inlaws drive, the church, and than my own. My own took the longest. Glad I actually ate for breakfast this time as it lasted me the whole day, to busy to notice the indigestion.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Just got back from a week-end of internet withdrawal - DoubleTap's is temp down.

Went everywhere and anywhere in one wheel drive Dodge- what's the problem?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    SNIP Went everywhere and anywhere in one wheel drive Dodge- what's the problem?

Headline:

HARLEY DAVIDSON and DODGE WORK TOGETHER

Secret Prototype Spotted in SnowDuring Testing.

Dissassociated Press

Doctors report emergency rooms were flooded this morning with victims gasping for breath after extended bouts of uncontrollable laughter at the sight of the strange vehicle. Several witnesses, however, clarified that it was not just the vehicle. Some said itwas the man wearinga wine-colored shirt trying to peer through snow-glazed glasses and trying to keep himself upright on... Details are sketchy, no actual witnesshas been able tocomplete a description before breaking down into suffocating laughter.

"It looked like he was being chased by a huge Great Dane at one point," said a womanunwilling to give her name. "For a few moments, I wasn't sure whether the Great Daneor the mailbox in front of Goodmans Grocery was going to get him."

Tyler Snodgraft said he thought at first it might be a Civil War re-enactor he knows, "But, he doesn't have a Great Dane, or a great taste in shirts."

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Headline:

Dissassociated Press

Doctors report emergency rooms were flooded this morning with victims gasping for breath after extended bouts of uncontrollable laughter at the sight of the strange vehicle. Several witnesses, however, clarified that it was not just the vehicle. Some said itwas the man wearinga wine-colored shirt trying to peer through snow-glazed glasses and trying to keep himself upright on... Details are sketchy, no actual witnesshas been able tocomplete a description before breaking down into suffocating laughter.
    Day pass or out for the entire week-end?

Didn't mean to leave you alone to your own devices for so long.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    SNIP Day pass or out for the entire week-end?

Yata hey
    Oh, come on. That was funny. :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    SNIP Day pass or out for the entire week-end?

Yata hey
    Oh, come on. That was funny. :P
    Begrudgingly - shouldn't take anything away from your effort.

I'll buy next time. :quirky

Yata hey

Post imported post

Sorry I missed it guys. I was open carrying the 12 ga. again Sat.

Ya ever seen 1000 ducks trying to land? Kinda like a dove shoot. Seven limits of ducks, all mallards except for a stray widgeon.

Never seen anything like it.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
    Sorry I missed it guys. I was open carrying the 12 ga. again Sat.

Ya ever seen 1000 ducks trying to land? Kinda like a dove shoot. Seven limits of ducks, all mallards except for a stray widgeon.

Never seen anything like it.
    Isn't shooting over a baited pond in a game sanctuary illegal?

Once in a lifetime experience, I suspect. BTW - they are called kamikaze ducks.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Headline:

Dissassociated Press

"It looked like he was being chased by a huge Great Dane at one point," said a womanunwilling to give her name. "For a few moments, I wasn't sure whether the Great Daneor the mailbox in front of Goodmans Grocery was going to get him."

Tyler Snodgraft said he thought at first it might be a Civil War re-enactor he knows, "But, he doesn't have a Great Dane, or a great taste in shirts."
    For the disbelievers and naysayers - especially for those from NOVA - I submit the following photographic evidence taken near the River City Dinner on Sunday.

Yata hey