• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9mm Ammo on sale

YoZUpZ

imported post

seriously??? is it decent ammo? has anyone shot it through an XD? I may make a stop there on the way home from work...

Just make sure you don't OC there unless you want to be lectured by someone behind the gun desk... lol
Code:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/36491.html

Brimstone

imported post

I have shot over 1,000 rounds of the brass through my XD45 and it has been great. I have never tried the aluminum, but I have heard bad things.

YoZUpZ

imported post

Oh wait, so this isn't the CCI Blazer ammo, or is it? I thought the CCI Blazer was aluminum... Well, its cheap and it sounds like its decent, so I'll still be getting some :)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Walmart sells Federal 115 grain 9MM for $9.47 everyday. The Springvile store has lots of it, and lots of .223 as well.

9mm_002.jpg

YoZUpZ

imported post

I've been to 3 different Walmarts in the past month in the SLC area, none of them had a single box of 9mm ammo :banghead:

mqondo

imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
Oh wait, so this isn't the CCI Blazer ammo, or is it? I thought the CCI Blazer was aluminum... Well, its cheap and it sounds like its decent, so I'll still be getting some :)
Blazer makes aluminum cased and also brass cased ammo. If it doesn't say Blazer Brass, it's the aluminum crap. I have had a lot of problems with the aluminum, and will never buy it again. It ranged from about 20-50% failure to feed/eject.

YoZUpZ

imported post

Well, I just got 20 boxes from the West Jordan store... They have about 15-20 boxes left and no cases, so if you want some, better hurry

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
Well, I just got 20 boxes from the West Jordan store... They have about 15-20 boxes left and no cases, so if you want some, better hurry
No need to hurry. Like I said before, Walmart sells the Federal brand everyday for less, and the have a ton of it in Springville.

Also, Gunnies has a wall, LITERALLY A WALL, of this same Blazer Brass ammo, for $9.95 a box everyday.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=9455791&cat=&lpid=

Ammo is starting to come back down in price, and supply is increasing. Let it increase some more. ;)

YoZUpZ

imported post

nice to know about Gunnies, thanks :) As for Walmart, hopefully these dang SLC stores will get some 9mm ammo in

rocknsnow

imported post

Brimstone wrote:
I have shot over 1,000 rounds of the brass through my XD45 and it has been great. I have never tried the aluminum, but I have heard bad things.
I have a xd and so does my wife...i have shot everything through it. good stuff, and bad stuff without any problems. in my opinion if it wont shoot the bad stuff it isn't a good firearm...i try to buy brass becuase i want to get into reloading...but i am finishing off a blazer case that is aluminum...