• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RobArnieandDawn.com

nomidlname

imported post

Rob, Arnie, and Dawn is a Morning Talk Show in the Sacramento and Reno area.They did a piece on Open Carry at the end of thier 9am hour on the 28th and another bit on the 29th. The 28th's audio isn't available but the 29th's is. Go to www.robarnieanddawn.com, click free site, click i am over 18, then go down to the very bottom of the page. Find the "audio files" section and click it. a drop down menu will open, look for the 29th. Click to listen or right click to save the file labeled "listener mail 2 - open carry law". This file will be archivedby Tuesday or Wenesday (they only show the last three weekdays)but there is a link to the archive section as well if you can find it...

I have only listened to a few minutes of it but I don't think they have all the information they need and the call from the SFPD guy is interesting to say the least.

Some of yousubjects of California might want to help them out withthefacts and maybe some case law...

slowfiveoh

imported post

Very aware of Rob, Arnie and Dawn (I abhor Dawns laugh), and was a very avid listener when I was down there.

They have an EXTREMELY large demographic, and I would make sure, if possible, that you guys give them all the information they need to be better educated as to the purpose of open carry, and our 2nd Amendment rights.

In fact, I would wager that some of the more politically active individuals (Stollenwerk perhaps?) contact them for a friendly interview. Would be a HUGE enlightening for the greater Sacramento area!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I love how the "SFPD" caller says it's illegal to carry a loaded magazine and an unloaded firearm (which is legal) but it's fine to put an unloaded firearm in a locked glove box (which is explicitly called out in 12026.2 as being ILLEGAL).

12026.1. (a) Section 12025 shall not be construed to prohibit any
citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides or
is temporarily within this state, and who is not prohibited by state
or federal law from possessing, receiving, owning, or purchasing a
firearm, from transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or other
firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, provided that
the following applies to the firearm:
(1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the
vehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle other than
the utility or glove compartment

Dawn seems to take a position I've heard before. Disregard the constitution because it's outdated. I wonder why these people even cherish living in this country. Maybe they don't. The constitution is one of the last remaining reasons I love this country. I certainly don't love it because of how amazing my representatives are.

ETA (I'm posting while listening): I've noticed that people who claim to "get this whole rights thing" really DON'T get the whole rights thing. If they did get it, they wouldn't be disregarding rights as being antiquated. I'd be interested in meeting somebody who claims that they "get rights" but still don't cherish them and who also has studied the Magna Carta, the English Bill of Rights, and the constitutional conventions of the United States. I imagine I'd have to look for a while.

ETA again: Dawn claims to be totally fine with Cops stopping her to make sure she isn't drunk without any RAS/PC. I'm willing to bet she's never been stopped by a police officer without there being a reason. She clearly wasn't a history major.

Final Edit: Dawn says she understands that laws which restrict people's liberties aren't for criminals because criminals aren't going to follow the law. So she just wants to restrict law abiding citizens for some reason. I'm beginning to think she chews on lead paint chips for fun.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
I love how the "SFPD" caller says it's illegal to carry a loaded magazine and an unloaded firearm (which is legal) but it's fine to put an unloaded firearm in a locked glove box (which is explicitly called out in 12026.2 as being ILLEGAL).
Double-bad, especially the latter, as it will land listeners that heed his advise in jail.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

So let's get him arrested for entrapment. (The SFPD officer) See edit.

Dawn drives me nuts but I really did enjoy their show when they were located here in Seattle before they dumped them for Howard Stern. Arnie was pretty funny.

Edited To talk about above now highlighted statement statement:

This poorly worded post of mine was pointed out to me and how it might drive those away who are sitting on the fence, and I was asked to remove it. (Not by a moderator).

In my effort to try to be succinct on second look it seems I am giving the impression I feel we should actively do this to try to arrest this one officer. I am not advocating breaking the law!!!! or doing this. And to boot I forgot to put one of those nice icons to show it was not a serious statement.

It was meant as a semi joke that if this officer were to arrest someone in his district who heard his advice on how to store your firearm which is illegal he Should be arrested for entrapment. But at the same time try to point out the seriousness of what this officer has done with his publicized statements.

My apologies if I offended anyone, but I will not defend LEO when they are wrong, and believe in taking an active stand against these folks who work for us but don't seem to realize it.

coolusername2007

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Dawn seems to take a position I've heard before. Disregard the constitution because it's outdated. I wonder why these people even cherish living in this country. Maybe they don't. The constitution is one of the last remaining reasons I love this country. I certainly don't love it because of how amazing my representatives are.

ETA (I'm posting while listening): I've noticed that people who claim to "get this whole rights thing" really DON'T get the whole rights thing. If they did get it, they wouldn't be disregarding rights as being antiquated. I'd be interested in meeting somebody who claims that they "get rights" but still don't cherish them and who also has studied the Magna Carta, the English Bill of Rights, and the constitutional conventions of the United States. I imagine I'd have to look for a while.

ETA again: Dawn claims to be totally fine with Cops stopping her to make sure she isn't drunk without any RAS/PC. I'm willing to bet she's never been stopped by a police officer without there being a reason. She clearly wasn't a history major.

Final Edit: Dawn says she understands that laws which restrict people's liberties aren't for criminals because criminals aren't going to follow the law. So she just wants to restrict law abiding citizens for some reason. I'm beginning to think she chews on lead paint chips for fun.

+1. This was a really hard 30 minutes of audio to get through. This should be called the Rob, Arnie and Clueless show. She kept on talking about how she gets it, but she doesn't even know what "it" is. She is the prime example of how sad and uneducated our society has become. People like her live in a world where the only thing that matters is them, what they want,their instant gratification, and (non)reality TV.

Its ironic thatall she seems to care about is "the greater good" yet she has no idea that what the founders created secured her "greater good" and now, because of her uneducated point of view she is so willing to surrender "her greater good"without pause, without question, and sadly without even knowing it. The truly sad part about all of this is her kind outnumbers us by orders of magnitude.

Rusty

imported post

I don't think that Dawn has really thought her position on this through. She is speaking from the heart, and not thinking about the arguments she is making.

Cameron

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
So let's get him arrested for entrapment. (The SFPD officer) See edit.

In my effort to try to be succinct on second look it seems I am giving the impression I feel we should actively do this to try to arrest this one officer. I am not advocating breaking the law!!!! or doing this. And to boot I forgot to put one of those nice icons to show it was not a serious statement.

It was meant as a semi joke ... but at the same time try to point out the seriousness of what this officer has done with his publicized statements.

I agree with your edits and thanks for clarifying, but on the same token... if this show has not yet been corrected, someone should definitely contact the show and make sure that it is clarified over the air and make sure that it is clear that the officer was in error (cite codes, etc).

While it might stand on the toes of the officer, it is better to do that than have someone get themselves in trouble for following bad advice.