• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So my mom was laid off...

swatspyder

imported post

Yea, so today my mom was laid off from her job as Title Officer at Lawyers Title Insurance Co. :?

Not to mention, I have been out of a job since Summer '09, so if anyone has a job or knows someone who needs a person to work from 15:30 - Midnight (M-F) and all day (Sat-Sun) and the employer is located in Tacoma, University Place, Steilacoom or Lakewood, let me know.

This is more for my mom though, so if anyone knows anyone who works for a title insurance company and that company is or could be looking to hire someone with a lot of experience, let me know.

PM me if you have direct references and/or phone numbers for potential employers.

swatspyder

imported post

I also meant to say that, I am going through Computer Networking and Information Systems Security, with a focus on Information Security.

If you know of anyone who needs an entry level technician or something similar, let them/me know.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

If anyone wants to work retail, walgreens on 6th ave in tacoma might have an opening coming up soon, seeing as how my employment there ends after Sunday.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Go2ui.com click on find a job about the 2nd line down in the second paragraph

New Daddy

imported post

Check usajobs.gov. The stimulus money is hitting and many Federal agencies are hiring temp workers (full-time, 15 month terms). You need to have your app up and ready to go for a lot of the openings.

Some of the positions could be extended IF funding develops, or they could back fill permanent positions from these slots as they become available.

DaemonForce

imported post

I kind of hate Express right now. Sure they've cycled me through jobs over the yearbut they tend to put me in weird work environments that are a waste of my time and theirs. I need a better way to make money than wondering if my next work week will be more than 2.5 hours and surrender unemployment insurance when the job is gone. I would work at Sea-Tac but I refuse to be there until they fix their security policy.

Not to say that isn't the thing for you. Goodness noes. :lol:

USAJobs has some decent stuff. I'm sure TSA is hiring. Might be the kind of thing you'd like. I know I didn't.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Just seen this ad on craigslist for someone/near in bellevue

Wade's Eastside Guns currently has a position offered for the shooting range staff.

Requirements:
A person who is very knowledgeble with firearms and firearm safety.
Retired military or police officers is preferred.
Must be willing to work day or evening shifts.

Range hours:
Monday thru Saturday: 10am - 10pm
Sunday: 10am - 6pm

Address:
13570 Bel Red Road,
Bellevue, WA 98008

Please stop by and drop off a resume` to Neil or call (425) 649-5995 to make an appointment. Please do not email your resume`s. Thank you

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Lemmiwinks wrote:
Took the test last week, a lady called me to ask about the selective services thing since I marked "no".

A couple days ago I registered (required for govt job), it's a felony if you don't register (18-25).....

Test isn't too hard, only thing is, it's most mostly a 5-10 week job.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

This may be more ofr you. But its very well open for your mom too. If you're interested in something that will be stable you can check into the WA Army National Guard. there ARE full time options, and there is a 20,000 dollar enlistment bonus to new service members. also there is business ops, such as a grant that paid up to 40k dollars for someone trying to start or open a new business.

It's a thought to kick around. if you're interested shoot me a PM and we'll talk.

-That goes for anyone.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
Military wouldn't take me when I went for it in 95'.. Something about a color blind kid with a heart murmur and tourettes that just didn't fit the bill...
Sounds like a South Park episode in there some where.