• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Western Washington February OC Gathering

holeinhead

imported post

I'm down for Bellevue as well. Also, if a trip to the range is wanted, I'm a member at Interlake Sporting Association. Depending on how many, I could bring folks there for free. They kind of frown on bringing a ton of guests though.

As far as days, my vote is for Sunday or Monday.

Otherwise, if folks want to checkout the range if you live near Kirkland/Redmond area, pm me and I'll show you around. $200 a year for unlimited usage, and can bring guests free.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

This is why I hate to plan this things, we hee & haw over days and dates. From now on I'm just gonna set a day and date and we can hee & haw over the place. Since I don't know Bellevue I can't pick a place but I can set the date.

Bellevue
Saturday February 13th.

I'd like to see this as a dinner but be aware that most places don't reserve seating on Fri/Sat nights and depending on the time we could be in for a long wait.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
This is why I hate to plan this things, we hee & haw over days and dates. From now on I'm just gonna set a day and date and we can hee & haw over the place. Since I don't know Bellevue I can't pick a place but I can set the date.

Bellevue
Saturday February 13th.

I'd like to see this as a dinner but be aware that most places don't reserve seating on Fri/Sat nights and depending on the time we could be in for a long wait.

Thanks, M1Gunr! I can guarantee myself. And I'll see if Deros wants to come too.

Hendo

imported post

I am in for any get together in Bellevue. If it is near Factoria, I am a member of the new West Coast Armory range a couple of blocks away and for a $10/guest fee any and all could shoot -includesfree gun rental (not the biggest selection).

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I love the keg food but if it is same franchise as the one we had here it was fairly spendy.
I'm not finding many family style (mom & pop) restaurants in the Bellevue area.

matt-fat@live.com

imported post

Menu for Factoria location:

http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/media/files/locations/menus/PNW_Dinner_.pdf

Been CCing for about a year now. I've also been lurking Opencarry.org for about a year and half.;) So Hello!

Menu looks ok, but the steaks look a little spendy for my usual taste. I've been lurking for a while and think it'd be nice to meet you guys. I missed the Mercer Island meet-up seeing as it was on Sunday as well.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
I love the keg food but if it is same franchise as the one we had here it was fairly spendy.
I'm not finding many family style (mom & pop) restaurants in the Bellevue area.

There is a Red Robin at Bellevue Square.

Or, you can go to Dixie's BBQ and possibly catch a glimpse of "the man". Plus they have homemade rootbeer!

Dixie's BBQ
Northup Lane, Bellevue, King, WA 98005
(425) 828-2460‎

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=iH9qS_6UHJeKsQPwyKDaBA

A quote from the reviews section:

"Meeting "The Man" is a requirement for any spice-loving Seattlite. Everything from the decor - an almost un-converted auto garage, to the people, and especially the food, Dixies BBQ the best Barbeque joint in the Pacific Northwest (Not a difficult feat, but still)"

Sadly I won't be attending (Valentine's day weekend), but I wish the rest of you a great lunch!

ETA: Jim675 introduced me to Dixie's, so you can blame him if you don't like it :lol:

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Another possibility is the Crossroads mall. I've heard that they are carry friendly, and they have the best food court of any mall in the area. A wide variety, not the usual fast-food chains.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Either place is good with me.

Be aware that Red Robin Corporate policy is no guns. While we have had no issue here in the Puget Sound area, it's not to say it can't happen.

Dixie's BBQ is awesome and would choose it over RR.