• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Western Washington February OC Gathering

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Rune wrote:
So I have a dumb question. Given all the anti-gun going on and the fact that Dixie's has already been hit by the anti-lobby, are we expecting to have unwanted visitors at the meet?
I heard this quote from a movie some years ago and it has always stuck with me for the many situations that have arisen...

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Rune wrote:
So I have a dumb question. Given all the anti-gun going on and the fact that Dixie's has already been hit by the anti-lobby, are we expecting to have unwanted visitors at the meet?
I heard this quote from a movie some years ago and it has always stuck with me for the many situations that have arisen...

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Road House! Great movie from the late Patrick Swayze!

url

tai4de2

imported post

Dixie's is quiet on Saturdays. I doubt there will any issue.

Besides, once LJ has said we're welcome, believe me, we're welcome.

I am planning on attending, OCing my XD-9 in a new Blackhawk Serpa holster I just bought today.

Richard6218

imported post

tai4de2 wrote:
Dixie's is quiet on Saturdays. I doubt there will any issue.

Besides, once LJ has said we're welcome, believe me, we're welcome.

I am planning on attending, OCing my XD-9 in a new Blackhawk Serpa holster I just bought today.
Seems to me the issue isn't whether LJ has welcomed us but the "anti-'s" showing up and stirring up a fuss.

tai4de2

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Seems to me the issue isn't whether LJ has welcomed us but the "anti-'s" showing up and stirring up a fuss.
What I meant is that LJ is quite an imposing presence. If she's determined that we're welcome, and others show up to make a fuss, I picture her making them seriously unwelcome :).

SpyderTattoo

imported post

OK, lets verify... The Dixie's dinner was at 5 PM. Then it got changed to 2 PM. Then it got changed back to 5 PM. Now it says 2 PM. Which is it people...?

Richard6218

imported post

tai4de2 wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
What I meant is that LJ is quite an imposing presence. If she's determined that we're welcome, and others show up to make a fuss, I picture her making them seriously unwelcome :).
I've never met LJ but I'll take your word for that. BTW, I'm going to go for the big artillery today: switching from the little Springfield EMP to my Glock 21 (.45 cal) loaded with +P. Lest there be any doubt about where I stand ;)

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I don't know why you guys are so worried about a little squaking from some anti's that might show up... So what if they show up? It's encounters like this, that keep us sharp. We shouldn't be afraid or worried about talking to those that disagree with us. How much fun is always talking with those who agree with you? We should be up to the challenge if someone wants to debate us. The law is clearly on our side.

DEROS72

imported post

If they do be polite and demonstrate we have the class that they don't .We also have the law and the consttution .Some maytry to provoke a confrontation.Don't get in a pissing contest with them because they are unwilling to listen to reason nor will you change there mind.The only thing that will make an impression is for anyone around to view us as the ones not trying to argue and just there for a meeting with friends and lunch.

Richard6218

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
If they do be polite and demonstrate we have the class that they don't .We also have the law and the consttution .Some maytry to provoke a confrontation.Don't get in a pissing contest with them because they are unwilling to listen to reason nor will you change there mind.The only thing that will make an impression is for anyone around to view us as the ones not trying to argue and just there for a meeting with friends and lunch.

+1. DEROS

What concerns me is that these goons might want to start a physical confrontation. If they do. I'm outta here -- quick. I don't want to fight anyone, one because I couldn't handle it, and two because everyone involved would go straight to jail. Not for me. I'm there to enjoy the company of people I have something in common with, and to have a good meal --- I'm drooling already! Let's just hope the idiots don't bother to show up.

Metalhead47

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:

+1. DEROS

What concerns me is that these goons might want to start a physical confrontation. If they do. I'm outta here -- quick. I don't want to fight anyone, one because I couldn't handle it, and two because everyone involved would go straight to jail. Not for me. I'm there to enjoy the company of people I have something in common with, and to have a good meal --- I'm drooling already! Let's just hope the idiots don't bother to show up.
I don't think even antis would be stupid enough to try & pick a physical fight with a group of obviously armed men. And there will be enough folks with cameras & video there....

DEROS72

imported post

If that were to happen ,ignore,DO NOT EVEN ANSWER BACK...they would love nothing more than to get us looking agressive.Anyone answers back or responds to these guysin any way,even trying to explain the law will get my boot up your ass.I don't want to here any gloating over the recent decisions either.You know they are closed minded and the only chance they have is to provoke something.Even if you try to argue the decision or simply explain the law they are the type to run to the media saying we brandishing and threatening.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
If that were to happen ,ignore,DO NOT EVEN ANSWER BACK...they would love nothing more than to get us looking agressive.Anyone answers back or responds to these guysin any way,even trying to explain the law will get my boot up your ass.I don't want to here any gloating over the recent decisions either.You know they are closed minded and the only chance they have is to provoke something.Even if you try to argue the decision or simply explain the law they are the type to run to the media saying we brandishing and threatening.

Gives a new meaning to "pain the..."