• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California, living in two states

Por.308

imported post

Hello to everyone, New to this board, now just learning about OC, would like to find out if the laws apply only to California residents, or can out of staters OC in California, I have accw for my state, and and also for Utah, and want to know if you can OC in the Port of Los Angeles / Long Beach, and would like to know if there are OC groups that get together on a regular basis, where I may get pluged in the L.A. area.

Summit_Ace

imported post

Por.308 wrote:
Hello to everyone, New to this board, now just learning about OC, would like to find out if the laws apply only to California residents, or can out of staters OC in California, I have accw for my state, and and also for Utah, and want to know if you can OC in the Port of Los Angeles / Long Beach, and would like to know if there are OC groups that get together on a regular basis, where I may get pluged in the L.A. area.
In the state of California you can open carry, however your weapon must be totally unloaded. you may carry a loaded magazine, but not in the gun. I find this method of open carry from a self defense standpoint to be lacking to say the least. If you do choose to carry in this way expect to pe confronted by law enfocment on a regular basis as it is an uncommon site.

Sjames

imported post

Please do not UOC (Uloaded Open Carry) in CA. Besides being stupid it is tactically asinine. If someone is going to do you harm you will never have the chance to load your weapon. You will just give the BG another tool to harm someone else.

If you cannot get your CC permit in CA carry a knife. You will have a much better chance to engage the BG. Even a screwdriver! LOL

People who UOC in CA do not only hurt themselves in CA but other OCers across the country.

slowfiveoh

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Sjames wrote:
People who UOC in CA do not only hurt themselves in CA but other OCers across the country.

HOW?!?! By standing up for what little rights the state of California has not taken away from them? I raise a great big waving B.S. flag. About the only right the state of California has not taken away from them is the right to leave that God forsaken state.
Which I took full advantage of! Maybe if enough people left that state, it could be totally defenseless and incapable of taking care of itself.

Maybe become a republic of Mexico? :banghead:

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Por.308 wrote:
Yes.

Move your question down to the California forum and I'm sure you will get more productive information than you've gotten so far.

And yes, gun advocates shoot their wounded.

alrossitto

imported post

Sjames.... I don't know about you, but to get a magazine off of my left hip, draw my weapon and insert the mag, and chamber a round only takes around 3 seconds with no slip ups.... I live in a small community in Northern California that had a pissed off ex husband show up at his wifes place of employment (Lyon's Restaurant) and open fire. Not only did he kill and maim at that location he had also had plenty of time to shoot up unarmed security guards at the county mental health building. The Lyon's Restaurant was a place I maybe visited once a month, but with cover and concealment and 3 seconds time, a patron in that restaurant that was UOC'ing could have put an end to his rampage. This is still not enough "good cause" as far as my local sheriff is concerned to issue CCW's....

Ludicrous.....