• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oaklander from CGN/CGF invites OCDO members over to a BBQ

Oaklander

imported post

Yes, I will be proud to have UOC'ers and CGN'ers and CGF'ers meet up at my house!

We are looking at a mid-late March date. . .

Items on the agenda are:

1) points of commonality across the various 2A movements in CA
2) BBQ: lots and lots of BBQ.

Please do not hesitate to call me or email me to discuss.

I'm at 415.827.1776 (personal cell) / fnfal61@gmail.com

Thanks!

Kevin

dirtykoala

imported post

holy crap! that lap top looks like it was made not long after quill pens and hand presses were out-dated.

cato

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
That's a great graphic...thanks Cato, thanks Oleg.
We really need to get a traveling art show of Oleg's work in poster form for booths at colleges and community fairs. I wouldn't make it OC centered but rather Olegs theme of "self defence is a human right". I think it would be more persuasive to the uninitiated to beintroduced to these concepts for the first time through art as opposed to seeing OC (for some venues).

cato

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
holy crap! that lap top looks like it was made not long after quill pens and hand presses were out-dated.

LOL

I think he was using it for the bi tone colorjuxtaposition contrast art thang...:lol:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

You all need to organize some events in public areas at unincorporated areas where the county has not banned shooting - that way folks can legally refuse polce load checks and carry loaded if they want.

coolusername2007

imported post

We have had an LOC event, it was our 4th Monthly meeting I believe. Although I couldn't make it due to being sick, I understand all had an exceptional time shooting and fully exercising their rights the way our founders intended.

chewy352

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
We have had an LOC event, it was our 4th Monthly meeting I believe. Although I couldn't make it due to being sick, I understand all had an exceptional time shooting and fully exercising their rights the way our founders intended.
That was alot of fun but we really need to LOC in a town instead of a shooting range.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
You all need to organize some events in public areas at unincorporated areas where the county has not banned shooting - that way folks can legally refuse polce load checks and carry loaded if they want.
Technically we can refuse the loaded checks anyway. At that time it gives them PC to arrest, but once they clear the weapon they no longer have that PC and must release.

And it might even do better for us because at that point they have turned an allowed "inspection" into a detention and search. Of course I don't condone this action until after incorporation.

wewd

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
We have had an LOC event, it was our 4th Monthly meeting I believe.  Although I couldn't make it due to being sick, I understand all had an exceptional time shooting and fully exercising their rights the way our founders intended.
That was alot of fun but we really need to LOC in a town instead of a shooting range.

When the weather warms up, we are planning to do an LOC meet in town in unincorporated Kern county. No discharge ban, therefore 12031 doesn't apply.

mjones

imported post

wewd wrote:
When the weather warms up, we are planning to do an LOC meet in town in unincorporated Kern county. No discharge ban, therefore 12031 doesn't apply.

I hate to always bring this up when Kern County is mentioned....but....

...always be extremely careful about knowing your location within eastern Kern County. There are place there where you would swear you were in unincorporated territory because there is no visible sign of life for as far as the eye can see. You could infact still be within an incorporated city.

The prime example is California City, CA - according to Wikipedia, "the city has a total area of 203.6square miles (527km[suP]2[/suP])"and "Although one of California's smaller cities in terms of population, California City is the third largest city in California by land area (34th in the United States, and 21st when consolidated city-counties are excluded)."

wewd

imported post

mjones wrote:
wewd wrote:

I hate to always bring this up when Kern County is mentioned....but....

...always be extremely careful about knowing your location within eastern Kern County. There are place there where you would swear you were in unincorporated territory because there is no visible sign of life for as far as the eye can see. You could infact still be within an incorporated city.

The prime example is California City, CA - according to Wikipedia, "the city has a total area of 203.6 square miles (527 km[suP]2[/suP])"and "Although one of California's smaller cities in terms of population, California City is the third largest city in California by land area (34th in the United States, and 21st when consolidated city-counties are excluded)."

Rest assured that we will do our usual thorough research before we settle on a venue. That is one of the reasons why it is being postponed for several months. When we do have solid plans they will be posted in advance for peer review.

cato

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=276304

Folks, the date has been set for the First Annual UNOFFICIAL "CGN / CGF / UOC" BBQ SUMMIT!!!!!

What:
UNOFFICIAL "CGN / CGF / UOC" BBQ SUMMIT

Date/Time: 3/20/2010, 11am to ????

Why: This is an informal event to allow members of the UOC community to interact with CGN and CGF members, with the goal of establishing and furthering constructive dialog. It is also an excuse to drink beer and eat BBQ.

House Rules:
To ensure that this event is successful and that everyone has a good time, I have created the following simple rules:

1) Please answer the poll as to whether you will attend, and near the BBQ date, I will PM you with my actual physical address. Please do not share my address with other people.

2) This will be a ZERO-drama event. UOC is a hot topic for many people. And the purpose of this BBQ is to create positive dialog, and not create drama. That means that if anyone feels like they want to create drama, they will be politely asked to leave.

3) I live near a school zone. This means all weapons (not just pistols) must be transported locked (and unloaded). Please use discretion if you will be bringing long guns into my house (i.e., transport the long guns in a a discreet case). For OPSEC reasons, my neighbors do not know I am a gun owner, and I want to keep it that way.

4) I will supply food and drink, but please also bring something to grill and/or drink and/or snack on. This will ensure that we have plenty of food and drink.

5) I have a Dogo Argentino / Pit Bull mix. She is good with strangers and children. But she will be interacting with all the guests, and if you have an aversion to large dogs with long teeth and cropped ears, you may feel uncomfortable. . . ALSO - when entering or leaving my house, please make sure that you do not let her out. It will freak out the neighbors, many of whom are very afraid of dogs.

6) If you will be drinking, I ask that you do not handle any weapons, regardless of whether they are loaded or not.

7) Parking is weird in East Oakland. The basic rule is that it is very bad form to park directly in front of a house that you do not live in (or are visiting). Therefore, please park in front of my house, or in the driveway. If there are no spots there, try to park in front of an abandoned house, or between the property lines of two houses. Please do not park directly in front of any of my neighbor's houses (I will hear about it later if you do).​
I am looking forward to seeing familiar faces, and meeting new people. This should be a lot of fun!!!