• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC and CBS stories on UOC

Cameron

imported post

Both stories were as biased as could be expected from ABC and CBS, but im majority they just discussed the Peet's and CPK bans on OC. CBS was far more biased than ABC with discussing of Brady. But the meetup tomorrow at Starbucks was announced on CBS. I can only imagine that we can expect news and Brady campaigners tomorrow...

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Does anyone have a copy of the CBS report?

The ABC report followed a story about a group of guys that took a family at gun point back into their home to rob and then kill one. I understand they victims could have been involved in criminal activity. But this could be your neighborhood. Oh and guy calling 911 outside gets dragged in too :(

Cameron

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of the CBS report?

The ABC report followed a story about a group of guys that took a family at gun point back into their home to rob and then kill one. I understand they victims could have been involved in criminal activity. But this could be your neighborhood. Oh and guy calling 911 outside gets dragged in too :(

The CBS report is available on the CBS website: http://cbs5.com/local/open.carry.guns.2.1459123.html

The ABC report could have been far, far better if they would have linked those two stories together.... about how the crime potentially could have been prevented if more people in the area were OCers.

Cameron

imported post

A quote from Karen Arntzen (Brady Campaign): "When a group like this gets together, they have all of the power of a swat team and none of the training."

Even taking the sweeping generalization aside.. I'm not sure I can accurately express how much a statement like that angers me....

Livermoron

imported post

Dave and Adnan made some good points. It is a shame that more of the meat of their statements did not make it to air.

AS WE ALL KNEW ALREADY: The Brady Campaign was in fact the driving force behind the CPK & Peet's ban's on UOC :cuss:. You can bet they will be going after Starbucks again.

PLEASE send your emails and phone calls of support for UOC to Starbucks. Walk in and ask to speak to the store manager, buy a drink from him or her, and voice your support (and drop a tip for the Barista).

See you in Antioch at 10am - come on down!!!

Carry On,

Livermoron :cool:

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So this is CBS5's second piece on this. Is there a second ABC7 piece or are you referring to the story from Jan 7ish?

ETA: Watched the new CBS story. The Brady bunch called the city, the chamber of commerce, and the businesses to bully them directly. We need to be calling all the same people.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Livermoron wrote:
AS WE ALL KNEW ALREADY: The Brady Campaign was in fact the driving force behind the CPK & Peet's ban's on UOC :cuss:. You can bet they will be going after Starbucks again.
When we contact these businesses, we need to make it clear to them that it's the Brady Klan that are the bullies here. They are the ones threatening local businesses while crusading against civil rights.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What about making stickers out of this:

attachment.php

And posting it outside businesses with anti-carry policy.

It would have to be on lamp-post or other public property adjacent to the businesses, and not on their private property. But it would be something the media might pick up and show in their stories. They like inflammatory images. Lets give then some with our message instead of the other side's propaganda.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

"When a group like this gets together, they have all of the power of a swat team and none of the training."

ALL THE POWER OF A SWAT TEAM!! The Brady Campaign is the real life equivalent of a troll. Last time I checked, SWAT teams didn't just carry pistols. But then again, why would the Brady bunch know any actual facts about the real world? That certainly wouldn't help them.

Gundude

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
"When a group like this gets together, they have all of the power of a swat team and none of the training."

ALL THE POWER OF A SWAT TEAM!! The Brady Campaign is the real life equivalent of a troll. Last time I checked, SWAT teams didn't just carry pistols. But then again, why would the Brady bunch know any actual facts about the real world? That certainly wouldn't help them.
My ppk .380 is badder (is badder a word?) than I thought. It went from semi autowith a 7 rdmagto full auto with a 50 rd mag. How did that happen?

AdnanShahab

imported post

I just wanted to chime in here with something interesting that Robert Lyles said to David and me during our interview Friday night. Lyles interviewed us right after he spoke with the woman from the Brady Campaign. Apparently, the Brady people either actually believe or are deliberately lying to the media that open carriers are some sort of shadow organization or covert arm of the National Rifle Association. I assured Lyles that I am simply a normal, law-abiding citizen who is interested in my right to keep and bear arms and the ability to defend myself if the need were to ever arise. I am not working for any sort of organized group, but I would definitely support laws (or interpretations of laws) that are more friendly to gun owners.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow, California....

I feel for you guys.

As for the comment regarding a group of OC'ers having the power of a SWAT team with none of the training, well, that's just poppycock and unfounded and I challenge anyone to tell me with assurance that I am wrong.