• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reminder: OC meet up on Fremont St Saturday evening

Vegassteve

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Vegas Rick wrote:

Pretty obvious to me that they were calling 911 about "men with guns" and giving updates on our (non)activities. Metro never showed up. My guess is that the 911 operators are dealing better with such calls (ataboy Tim!). After about 15 minutes of constantly facing toward us and making eye contact, the three guys walked away.

Not to argue, but it is my gut feeling that METRO didn't recieve any 911 calls or they would have used that as anexcuse to try to intimidate us too "move"

However, that brings up an excellent point, if I get the chance I will go to LVMPD comunnications center tomorrow and try to obtain any CAD report, containing a (man with a gun)on fremont. would be nice to know.

(edit for bold)

Possible they were LEO just undercover reporting in?

Dangerfish

imported post

Great guys! Glad it went well.

So I'm talking to CCW instructor, and he states that Metro could charge you with distrubing the peace, taking your gun, ect all based on how much of an asshole the cop wants to be. I know it has been discussed elsewhere, but any word on this?

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Metro should choose an overall strategy. Right now, I think they have two options:

1. Hassle open carry citizens, with the goal of intimidating them to stop. This runs the risk of creating greater push-back from cits who stand up for our rights (hoorah to Tim!!)..

2. Ignore those who OC, with the goal of letting the dust settle and for cits to stop pushing back. This runs the risk of an increasing number of people deciding to open carry instead of being controlled by, and paying fees for, the CCW system.

I think it is a win/win for us as long as we stick to our principles. It'll just take time to get Metro to realize we have rights they can't revise unilaterally. NOT making a choice is unfair to their officers and to the cits. I'm prepared to be hassled or ignored for as long as it takes for Metro to reach a consensus.

BTW, I'm also conflicted about getting a CCW for NV. I moved to Las Vegas in October from Kalifornia. There, I got CCW's for CA and UT. It was a totally aggravating time-consuming and expensive experience. Imagine my delight to finding out about periodic re-qualification and fees for renewals. Do I really want to go through this all over again? While I sort out my feelings on this, you'll see me OCing wherever I go. I've yet to decide what to do about my self defense if/when I have to go into a gun free place. So far, DMV was not a problem, but sooner or later.....

Vegassteve

imported post

Dangerfish wrote:
Great guys! Glad it went well.

So I'm talking to CCW instructor, and he states that Metro could charge you with distrubing the peace, taking your gun, ect all based on how much of an @#$% the cop wants to be. I know it has been discussed elsewhere, but any word on this?
Please give us this guys name. I am tired of the CCW instructors handing out what they "think" is correct info.

Sabotage70

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Vegas Rick wrote:  

Pretty obvious to me that they were calling 911 about "men with guns" and giving updates on our (non)activities. Metro never showed up.  My guess is that the 911 operators are dealing better with such calls (ataboy Tim!).  After about 15 minutes of constantly facing toward us and making eye contact, the three guys walked away.

Not to argue, but it is my gut feeling that METRO didn't recieve any 911 calls or they would have used that as anexcuse to try to intimidate us too "move"

However, that brings up an excellent point, if I get the chance I will go to LVMPD comunnications center tomorrow and try to obtain any CAD report, containing a (man with a gun) on fremont.  would be nice to know.

(edit for bold)

Nah, I doubt they where. They were drinking Corona's and there eyes were pretty glossy and red. Look like they had a pretty good buzz going. It almost looked like if something was going to go down they were trying to drink up some more courage to be "hero's". :quirky...lol

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Vegas Rick wrote:

Pretty obvious to me that they were calling 911 about "men with guns" and giving updates on our (non)activities. Metro never showed up. My guess is that the 911 operators are dealing better with such calls (ataboy Tim!). After about 15 minutes of constantly facing toward us and making eye contact, the three guys walked away.

However, that brings up an excellent point, if I get the chance I will go to LVMPD comunnications center tomorrow and try to obtain any CAD report, containing a (man with a gun)on fremont. would be nice to know.

(edit for bold)

Nah, I doubt they where. They were drinking Corona's and there eyes were pretty glossy and red. Look like they had a pretty good buzz going. It almost looked like if something was going to go down they were trying to drink up some more courage to be "hero's". :quirky...lol
If they were planning something, maybe they were thinking of hiring our posse to help? We sure had the firepower. :lol:

GoDSpeeD

imported post

You know when I looked at them they may have been starring but I didn't notice anything unusual. Maybe they were all on the phone calling their ladies. Thats kinda the feeling I got.

Pikachu711

imported post

I went for a ride on my bike today. While I was out I went down to the FSE. The entire time I was OC'ing While I was walking around the FSE none of the security down there gave me a 2nd look. I do believe that they are getting used to seeing people OC'ing. It was nice not having Metro called for a "man with a gun call" on me. It would be nice if you could schedule an event for a Wednesday thru Friday. At times working weekends sucks!

Regardless, my OC visit to the FSE was very uneventful. I plan on doing this again if we can schedule an event on a Wed/Thu/Fri. I'd love to join you on one of your OC events

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Pikachu711 wrote:
I went for a ride on my bike today. While I was out I went down to the FSE. The entire time I was OC'ing the entire time. While I was walking around the FSE none of the security down there gave me a 2nd look. I do believe that they are getting used to seeing people OC'ing. It was nice not having Metro called for a "man with a gun call" on me. It would be nice if you could schedule an event for a Wednesday thru Friday. At times working weekends sucks!

Regardless, my OC visit to the FSE was very uneventful. I plan on doing this again if we can schedule an event on a Wed/Thu/Fri. I'd love to join you on one of your OC events
I am introducing a dude to OCing wed. after 4:00 PM we ride motorcycles and you can join us, just PM me and we will work it out.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I think the reason we do it on saturdays is because those are high traffic times and we are trying to get the word out. Just a guess since I dont schedule these. How about you schedule one and see who can show up!