• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Red Dawn remake

Metalhead47

imported post

Heard this one was coming... to quote another should-never-be-touched classic movie, "I got a bad feeling about this." I can only shudder at what Hollywood will do to bugger up such a staunchly pro-2a movie. At least there are no big-name lefties in the cast.

And if they don't have the scene with the guy holding an AK over his head yelling "Wolverines!" and the chair is against the wall, I swear I'll bust a cap in the screen :cuss:

j/k

Batousaii

imported post

I really hope they do this movie justice! It has always been one of my very favorites. In my opinion, that movie clearly defined one of he primary reason for the Second Amendment's existence. I have alwaysfelt we should not be so arrogant as to believe we are "too well protected" as a nation, and could not be invaded or occupied. One just never knows the potential or motivation of an enemies intent.

~ Wolverines!

:cool:Bat

P.S....Poo, pick it up at the movie rental and watch it, you will 100% love it.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

LOL! Nice trailer. Oh man I am beating myself up over selling my damn gsg-5 now.

Skool kids vs foreign invaders, sweet!!

Metalhead47

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
LOL! Nice trailer. Oh man I am beating myself up over selling my damn gsg-5 now.

Skool kids vs foreign invaders, sweet!!
Dude if you have not seen this movie you need to drop what you're doing right now and go out & rent it, it's a true classic and eerily appropriate to current events.

PoppaGary

imported post

It is not like Montana or what ever mid-American statethe original takes place in was real green. The scenery looks a little like Spokane.

(Ok, just got off IMDB and it says the location is Colorado, most of which IS greener than Spokane.)

I just hope they don't mess it up, the original is a classic.

Gary

EOD

imported post

kwiebe wrote:
This is first I've heard also...I hope it's good. Here's the trailer, looks interesting, if you can go by the trailer (which you mostly can't):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeYCdp1ik_0

Says "Summer 2009" at the end, but the imdb entry for it says Nov 2010 release.
Just a note, this is not an official trailer. From the info:
I made this a couple years ago to test out some new equipment and software...way before the studio was actually remaking it, and figured I'd put it up. Was to be used to get funding for a real remake.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Oh wow, they changed the setting and everything!

dkiw.jpg

jbone

imported post

EOD wrote:
kwiebe wrote:
This is first I've heard also...I hope it's good. Here's the trailer, looks interesting, if you can go by the trailer (which you mostly can't):

Just a note, this is not an official trailer. From the info:
I made this a couple years ago to test out some new equipment and software...way before the studio was actually remaking it, and figured I'd put it up. Was to be used to get funding for a real remake.
Would make a good RED ALERT game opening.

New Daddy

imported post

kwiebe wrote:

That trailer looks pretty generic. Most high school kids could probably Photoshop that in a couple of days.