Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABC News CH-7 Tonight 5pm: UOC Story from Antioch

Post imported post

EDIT - of course I meant "set your DVRs" Ooops..

Hi All,

San Francisco based Channel 7 (KGO News) came out to visit a group of us practicing UOC in Antioch at the Starbucks Coffee. Several members of the pubic and at least 2 UOC'ers were interviewed.

There were about 16 UOC folks that showed up for the Saturday morning UOC coffee meetup. East Bay Open Carry and Bay Area Open Carry "members" were present.

Several people in the public were asking questions (handed out several UOC tri-folds) and I think at least some positive statements were made on camera. Let's see how much makes it to air...

Carry On!

Livermoron

Post imported post

I don't get any the the Kalifornia channel's. Can some one please post a link to vid when availableplease?

Post imported post

nomidlname wrote:
    I don't get any the the Kalifornia channel's. Can some one please post a link to vid when availableplease?
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...amp;id=7248503

Here we go with the attacks on competence.

I dont think it particularly helps that the participants that are viewed are exclusively male aged 35-45. Granted, there was racial diversity, but someone out there who cannot readily defend themselves needs to attend. Specifically women, children, and those with a handicap ( ie: wheelchair bound, amputee, etc.)

Showing up with your family will also take some of the steam out of CPK's assertion that visable guns will have some adverse effect on children and families. I also think someone should contact pink pistols and see if some of their membership- particularly the ladies-and see if they would like to make a stand for gay rights to self defense...

With as much media as UOC is getting, we need to drive home the point that those who cannot defend themselves are worthy of carrying a gun. Right now, this is not what I see and I dont believe it is effective in winning hearts and minds.

New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

You guys really need some people other than the stereotypical old white guy.

Also, this kind of publicity isn't the best medicine at this time.

Post imported post

We is "SUPERHEROS" The Brady bunch are soooo lame.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    The Brady Bunch cannot communicate in anything but emotional pleas. Facts are like kryptonite to those people. For the record, I have never planned on taking a bullet for anybody but my loved ones. So the chances of that are near zero, coincidentally, the chances of me shooting somebody randomly on the street are also near zero. Not that the Brady lady meant that, but you gotta point out the few times when they could possibly be correct.

Post imported post

I have this unshakable urge to UOC while wearing a Brady shirt. Please some one help me through this disturbing thought.
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

chewy352 wrote:
    I have this unshakable urge to UOC while wearing a Brady shirt. Please some one help me through this disturbing thought.
    Go with it! Don't fight the feeling :what:
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    The Brady Bunch cannot communicate in anything but emotional pleas. Facts are like kryptonite to those people. For the record, I have never planned on taking a bullet for anybody but my loved ones. So the chances of that are near zero, coincidentally, the chances of me shooting somebody randomly on the street are also near zero. Not that the Brady lady meant that, but you gotta point out the few times when they could possibly be correct.
    In the grocery store today, a woman customer noticed I was carrying and asked if I was going to shoot someone. I told her, "No, I'm onmy lunchbreak." She laughed.

Post imported post

How about a T shirt with "Open Carriers against gun violence"

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    :shock: I like this idea!

Post imported post

My friend who is one of the managers at the Starbuck's in Antioch emailed me and asked if I had seen the news coverage regarding the meet-up there this morning.

I responded I had not, as I was at work, but emailed back and asked what the chances were that their corporate office would change their policy on UOC due to all the recent coverage. Below is the copy and pasted reply I received.

"My district manager rushed to my store & contacted all the corporate people... Current stance is that as long as it's legal (which it is) & as long as they do not disrupt Starbucks business (which they didn't), they are just normal customers and are welcome in our stores... PS... they were very friendly and respectful of all my partners and customers this morning. "

Banned

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    bigtoe416 wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    In the grocery store today, a woman customer noticed I was carrying and asked if I was going to shoot someone. I told her, "No, I'm onmy lunchbreak." She laughed.
    LOL

Post imported post

Another day of uneventful UOC in Livermore and Antioch; except for another ridiculous assertion by the Brady Bunch via the media...

For the record (yeah I was the guy in the green shirt and sun glasses) I did not ever say, in my nearly 10 minute interview, that I would take a bullet for someone or that I was going to Starbucks, or anywhere for that matter, to provide protection to the business or to others. I also DID state that I cherrish the rights we all enjoy as Americans and that I respect the property rights of others. I also made it clear that I support the rights of all individuals to speak freely and without fear of reprisal, just as I would hope that others would support the right of individuals that choose to Open Carry... Wishful thinking? Maybe.
    Clearly, the Brady Bunch can just pull a load of... stuff, out of their hind ends and blab it into a camera as fact. The claim that an open carrier, or "Super Hero" as we are now called, is likely to put a bullet in an innocent bystander is just completely unfounded. In California - THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED.

SIDE NOTE: I like the ideas some of you other folks here on the forum have had regarding hijacking the Brady slogans for shirts - GO FOR IT :celebrate!!!

It would have been nice, I know wishful thinking again, if ABC-7 would have used some of the other comments I made on UOC. I am sure that the Brady Bunch will continue to get more than equal time in the media to spout their nonsense, distortions, and outright lies .

ALL: When confronted with a microphone while practicing UOC always try to make clear points that will convey facts and a positive message. Understand that your several minutes of conversation with "XYZ reporter" will be hatched down to 3-4 seconds to fit an agenda that you can be sure is not positive on UOC. Some might say, "just don't talk to reporters." That might be a good thing in some respects, but then the only message getting out to the public is the usual negativity of groups like the Brady Bunch. Individuals that can make use of their reasoning skills when watching the "news" will be able to pull out your positive and truthful statements and process them appropriately.

As is often said, "keep your head on a swivel" and carry on!

Livermoron

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    Yeah definitely. I notice they didn't allow any of the BAOC members to respond to that statement. Cause an easy response would be: "Sure, we're not superheroes... Neither are the police."

Post imported post

Cameron wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Yeah definitely. I notice they didn't allow any of the BAOC members to respond to that statement. Cause an easy response would be: "Sure, we're not superheroes... Neither are the police."

+1000

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    And a cape!:celebrate

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Do we have to wear our underwear on the outside of our clothes?

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    I'm going to have to nix the cape idea right now. It could possibly conceal the sidearm if it happened to drape over it.

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Banned

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    yelohamr wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    I'm going to have to nix the cape idea right now. It could possibly conceal the sidearm if it happened to drape over it.
    Was about to suggest a mantelet, but I think only women are supposed to wear those.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    This is the best idea I've heard for a while!

Banned

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    This is the best idea I've heard for a while!
    Why limit it to guns? There are other weapons out there.

Post imported post

N6ATF wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    yelohamr wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Was about to suggest a mantelet, but I think only women are supposed to wear those.
    Um, this is California? Traditional notions regarding anything gender-specific do not apply.

Post imported post

Nopal wrote:
    N6ATF wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    yelohamr wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Um, this is California? Traditional notions regarding anything gender-specific do not apply.
    Tell me about it, look at the socks Chewy got for me.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Showing up with your family will also take some of the steam out of CPK's assertion that visable guns will have some adverse effect on children and families.
    Has anyone seen this CPK policy? If so, please share it.

So, according to the report, CPK banned open carry because "they claim some customers simply aren't comfortable."

If this is true (and I have yet to see the policy),does CPK ban Asians because "some customers simply aren't comfortable"sharing a restaurant witha group of people not their own race?

DoesCPK ban guys with tattoos because "some customers simply aren't comfortable" with guys with tattoos?

DoesCPK ban people with turbans and burqa because "some customers simply aren't comfortable" with it?
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast