• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC News CH-7 Tonight 5pm: UOC Story from Antioch

Nopal

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
Gundude wrote:
How about a T shirt with "Open Carriers against gun violence"
And a cape!:celebrate
I'm going to have to nix the cape idea right now. It could possibly conceal the sidearm if it happened to drape over it.
Was about to suggest a mantelet, but I think only women are supposed to wear those.
Um, this is California? Traditional notions regarding anything gender-specific do not apply.

Gundude

imported post

Nopal wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
Gundude wrote:
How about a T shirt with "Open Carriers against gun violence"
And a cape!:celebrate
I'm going to have to nix the cape idea right now. It could possibly conceal the sidearm if it happened to drape over it.
Was about to suggest a mantelet, but I think only women are supposed to wear those.
Um, this is California? Traditional notions regarding anything gender-specific do not apply.
Tell me about it, look at the socks Chewy got for me.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Showing up with your family will also take some of the steam out of CPK's assertion that visable guns will have some adverse effect on children and families.
Has anyone seen this CPK policy? If so, please share it.

So, according to the report, CPK banned open carry because "they claim some customers simply aren't comfortable."

If this is true (and I have yet to see the policy),does CPK ban Asians because "some customers simply aren't comfortable"sharing a restaurant witha group of people not their own race?

DoesCPK ban guys with tattoos because "some customers simply aren't comfortable" with guys with tattoos?

DoesCPK ban people with turbans and burqa because "some customers simply aren't comfortable" with it?

Cameron

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
Showing up with your family will also take some of the steam out of CPK's assertion that visable guns will have some adverse effect on children and families. 

Has anyone seen this CPK policy? If so, please share it.

So, according to the report, CPK banned open carry because "they claim some customers simply aren't comfortable."

If this is true (and I have yet to see the policy), does CPK ban Asians because "some customers simply aren't comfortable" sharing a restaurant with a group of people not their own race?

Does CPK ban guys with tattoos because "some customers simply aren't comfortable" with guys with tattoos?

Does CPK ban people with turbans and burqa because "some customers simply aren't comfortable" with it?

Hey, that's an idea... we can resort to the Brady tactics to see if we can get tattoos banned. It would be hilarious just to see the response from that.

RaycerX96

imported post

While I'm not in agreement with this policy, California businesses do have the right to refuse service to anyone. But they cannot discriminate. So could this fall into a discrimination category? As they are discriminating against us for excersizing our rights. Im not saying to go out and sue them, but maybe we can start some kind of news feed and shouting out about this discrimination.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

RaycerX96 wrote:
While I'm not in agreement with this policy, California businesses do have the right to refuse service to anyone. But they cannot discriminate. So could this fall into a discrimination category? As they are discriminating against us for excersizing our rights. Im not saying to go out and sue them, but maybe we can start some kind of news feed and shouting out about this discrimination.

What's interesting isthis: What Peet's and CPK are doing is, in my opinion (IANAL), unlawful discrimination under the California Supreme Court's consistent broad application of the Unruh Civil Rights Act to protect from arbitrary discrimination by business owners.

The Act applies to all business serving the general public. Not only were the classes scribed in the Act protected from discrimination, but so are hippies, police officers,and Republicans who are not found written in the Act. (See, for example,Long v. Valentino (1989) 216 Cal.App.3d 1287)

Now, if hippies, LEO, and Republicans are protected, I think a case can be made for citizens exercising their lawful right of bearing arms; especially, in light of other places of public accommodation being willing serve our groups open carrying.

So, maybe what yousuggest we not do is the thing we ought to do: get the ACLU to file a civil case against Peet's and CPK (if there really is such a policy; I have yet to see CPK's policy).

And I'm going to say it, because businesses understand finance...maybe there's some money to be made here!:what:

OPS MARINE

imported post

What the mother effing eff? I can't believe this. I actually thought I was going to enjoy watching that video. That is garbage. SUPERHERO? Who the hell is she kidding? I guess if someone without a uniform saved her bacon, she would be one unappreciative hooer to say the least. This kind of shate really lights my fire, as someone who's concerned for my own safety.

I understand that there are going to be those who are uncomfortable with a gun in the room, but to go so far as to say that we have an agenda you ice hole? I bet this guy's kids run over him every chance they get, and he probably has erectile dysfunction. Moreover, his wife will probably not allow him to even purchase a weapon, wherein lies his snotty effing angst against those of us who can. He's had a life rife with instances of being made inferior, and now wishes to impose his internal feelings onto us.

Brady supporters can go straight to the place that is least desirable across the river Styx if you ask me. Why don't they just make themselves known in public so they can't hide behind me when the shooting starts?

As long as I am able, I will carry my weapon in public places. Anyone that chooses to impose a ban will lose my business, and as always be reported here. The basic human right of self defense will go on trial and I want all of us to be in the jury.

Please excuse my language. I'm angry.