• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing PD protest?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

I feel like a real political activist now, today was a really great experience for me.

I full support and recommend a Lansing PD peaceful protest, What do you guys think?

lil_freak_66

imported post

the south precinct for lansing(where the involved officers are stationed) has a public community center....

im VERY for it.

remember...a right unexercised is a right lost!

oh if the lansing policeofficer burke that threatened to ticket me for spitting,and wanting to frisk me for concealed weaponsreads this....your a d*ck

lil_freak_66

imported post

well when are yall good with?

ill scout for some locations,ones that would place us under the south precinct jurisdiction again,so we have a likelyhood of dealing with the same officers again,wash rinse repeat eh?

theres cici's that comes to mind first.

various fast food resturaunts.

theres a burger king and taco bell a mile or 2 north of the ponderosa we were detained at,on the same street.

fazoli's

few chinese resturaunts.

ill look around

lil_freak_66

imported post

eat,go park,go to the community center that is in the south precinct building and then walk some more and go to dinner??

Michigander

imported post

If a complaint or FOIA letter will be handed in (instead of or in addition to a lawsuit or FBI complaint) it would be fun to have a group go turn it in.

lil_freak_66

imported post

do some walking around...up and down cedar street??

best way to get attention,which for one of our events is what the purpose is right?to get noticed and educate.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, I posted this in the other thread, but I will repost it here.

See, my idea of activism is:

Next weekend, we go to the closest intersection to the South Lansing police substation, and demonstrate there with signs that say "Flex your Rights - OpenCarry.Org"

Do it at both ends of the street the police station is on.

Also, notify the media - give them the footage of the detainment (at Ponderosa), tell them what happened so they understand why we are having the protest,and what time we are going to be demonstrating.

Send letters to the mayor, city council, the police chief, and the city attorney, asking them to come join us in supporting our right to keep and bear arms. Give copies of those letters to the media.

Basically, hand the mediaa fun, interesting story - and show the authorities that we demand they acknowledge and respect our rights as free citizens.