• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KBI (Charles Daly) going out of business.

Dustin

imported post

To all our friends, fans, supporters and consumers of Charles Daly and by extension, KBI products, I regret to inform you that the rumors of our demise are true.

KBI is going out of business and closing its doors, effective today.

I don't want to go into each and every detail as to why this has occurred, except to say that there have been a multitude of events over the past five years that have contributed to our current situation.

For those of you with ongoing service requirements, please be advised that we are currently negotiating with several companies that will be performing after-sale service of Charles Daly, CD Defense and Jericho firearms. As soon as we have finalized a contract with one of these companies we will post the name, address and contact details of that company so you will know who to contact to obtain service on your KBI firearm.

We will allow this forum to remain open as long as all discourse remains civil. If any posts deteriorate to a level that is beneath the standards of this forum then the forum will be closed to all posters and will only exist for announcements from KBI.

Again, I wish to thank all of you that have supported our company, this forum and Charles Daly these past 20 years. This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles Daly and CD Defense. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future.

Sincerely,

bigdaddy1

imported post

Sad to hear of a business going under, but I never heard of them.

Nevermind, I looked them up on line. They apparently were a gun dealer/broker?

The website is already shut down.

CarryOpen

imported post

Charles Daily was/is a gun manufacturer. They made some nice Hi-power clones, shotguns, etc.

KBI was an importer from my understanding and how CD came about.

crisisweasel

imported post

KBI was the company that imported the pretty fantastic Jericho 941 pistol (previously known as the Baby Eagle).

What was nice about them is the president of KBI would read and post on the Charles Daly forums, and beyond this, KBI seemed to have a constructive attitude toward an underrated gun.

Of course they did many other things but to me, it was all about the Jericho 941.

Sad to see them go.