Thread: Did Walmart stop selling CCI Blazer Brass?

Post imported post

Even with the "ammo shortage" there are 4 walmarts around me where I could sometimes find CCI Blazer Brass 40S&W at about $14/50. I thought it was great ammo but sadly I haven't seen it at any of the 4 walmarts in some time. They all have Winchester white box which I guess is ok, I just cant believe how smokey and dirty that stuff is. Any idea where I can find more Blazer Brass at a reasonable price? Is the Winchester stuff ok in general? Any other brand you'd recommend?

Post imported post

The best kind if hand loaded.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

WWB is okay at best, none of my guns shoot it very accurately and it is some of the dirtiest ammo out there in my opinion.

Post imported post

I've shot thousands of rounds of WWB and Wolf through a 1911, XD and a Glock, and I can't really tell the difference at all. When I go to the range I usually shoot 200 to 300 rounds and for some reason, the 1911 seems toget the dirtiest. When I get the chance/money I'm going to try theCCI just for sh!ts and giggles.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    for some reason, the 1911 seems toget the dirtiest.
    Tight fit, long slide rails, less slick and more demanding of lubrication. It is arguably a serious weakness of the design.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:¬*
    for some reason, the 1911 seems to¬*get the dirtiest.
    Tight fit, long slide rails, less slick and more demanding of lubrication. It is arguably a serious weakness of the design.
    Tight fit, long slide rails.. it's arguably the reason why it's such an accurate and wonderful weapon

Post imported post

Yes, they switched from Blazer Brass to Federal Champion. Many months ago.

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    Yes, they switched from Blazer Brass to Federal Champion. Many months ago.
    And federal makes some damn good ammo if you ask me...
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I like the CCI Blazer Brass, too. Cheap, and always goes bang.
    Any manufacturer makes fantastic ammo. Just like anything. I can buy a top of the line automobile from Ford or GM, or I can buy a hulking piece of crap from Ford or GM.
    I'll buy WWB, Remington Green box, or CCI Blazer for blowing off tons of lead. It's relatively inexpensive. For more serious stuff, I'll spend more money on better ammo. I can always clean my gun pretty cheap. I can't get my money back after I shoot expensive lead.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Any manufacturer makes fantastic ammo. Just like anything. I can buy a top of the line automobile from Ford or GM, or I can buy a hulking piece of crap from Ford or GM.
    I'll buy WWB, Remington Green box, or CCI Blazer for blowing off tons of lead. It's relatively inexpensive. For more serious stuff, I'll spend more money on better ammo. I can always clean my gun pretty cheap. I can't get my money back after I shoot expensive lead.
    The Federal Champion they now carry in place of the CCI BB is just as cheap as the CCI BB, and cheaper than their current price of WWB. Last box of .40 S&W I bought was last week Wensday, and it was $13.97/50rounds. 9mm is comparabley less than what they charge for WWB.

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    The Federal Champion they now carry in place of the CCI BB is just as cheap as the CCI BB, and cheaper than their current price of WWB. Last box of .40 S&W I bought was last week Wensday, and it was $13.97/50rounds. 9mm is comparabley less than what they charge for WWB.
    I'll have to grab some.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Thanks. It seems to me I did try a box of federal. Shot well but I remember it costing a few dollars more them my CCI.

Post imported post

qqq1 wrote:
    Thanks. It seems to me I did try a box of federal. Shot well but I remember it costing a few dollars more them my CCI.
    That's because it's just gone up that fast. When I first bought the Federal Champion last summer when it came out, it was about two dollars cheaper per box. It went up in price fast, and at the time, there was still some 9mm BB on the shelf for the same price that the Federal Champion was going for.