• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did Walmart stop selling CCI Blazer Brass?

qqq1

imported post

Even with the "ammo shortage" there are 4 walmarts around me where I could sometimes find CCI Blazer Brass 40S&W at about $14/50. I thought it was great ammo but sadly I haven't seen it at any of the 4 walmarts in some time. They all have Winchester white box which I guess is ok, I just cant believe how smokey and dirty that stuff is. Any idea where I can find more Blazer Brass at a reasonable price? Is the Winchester stuff ok in general? Any other brand you'd recommend?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I've shot thousands of rounds of WWB and Wolf through a 1911, XD and a Glock, and I can't really tell the difference at all. When I go to the range I usually shoot 200 to 300 rounds and for some reason, the 1911 seems toget the dirtiest. When I get the chance/money I'm going to try theCCI just for sh!ts and giggles.

Michigander

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
for some reason, the 1911 seems toget the dirtiest.
Tight fit, long slide rails, less slick and more demanding of lubrication. It is arguably a serious weakness of the design.

PilotPTK

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, US
imported post

Michigander wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote: 
for some reason, the 1911 seems to get the dirtiest.
Tight fit, long slide rails, less slick and more demanding of lubrication. It is arguably a serious weakness of the design.

Tight fit, long slide rails.. it's arguably the reason why it's such an accurate and wonderful weapon :)

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I like the CCI Blazer Brass, too. Cheap, and always goes bang.
Any manufacturer makes fantastic ammo. Just like anything. I can buy a top of the line automobile from Ford or GM, or I can buy a hulking piece of crap from Ford or GM.
I'll buy WWB, Remington Green box, or CCI Blazer for blowing off tons of lead. It's relatively inexpensive. For more serious stuff, I'll spend more money on better ammo. I can always clean my gun pretty cheap. I can't get my money back after I shoot expensive lead.

ghostrider

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Any manufacturer makes fantastic ammo. Just like anything. I can buy a top of the line automobile from Ford or GM, or I can buy a hulking piece of crap from Ford or GM.
I'll buy WWB, Remington Green box, or CCI Blazer for blowing off tons of lead. It's relatively inexpensive. For more serious stuff, I'll spend more money on better ammo. I can always clean my gun pretty cheap. I can't get my money back after I shoot expensive lead.
The Federal Champion they now carry in place of the CCI BB is just as cheap as the CCI BB, and cheaper than their current price of WWB. Last box of .40 S&W I bought was last week Wensday, and it was $13.97/50rounds. 9mm is comparabley less than what they charge for WWB.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
The Federal Champion they now carry in place of the CCI BB is just as cheap as the CCI BB, and cheaper than their current price of WWB. Last box of .40 S&W I bought was last week Wensday, and it was $13.97/50rounds. 9mm is comparabley less than what they charge for WWB.
I'll have to grab some.

ghostrider

imported post

qqq1 wrote:
Thanks. It seems to me I did try a box of federal. Shot well but I remember it costing a few dollars more them my CCI.
That's because it's just gone up that fast. When I first bought the Federal Champion last summer when it came out, it was about two dollars cheaper per box. It went up in price fast, and at the time, there was still some 9mm BB on the shelf for the same price that the Federal Champion was going for.