• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

uocecheck@gmail.com

Edward Peruta

imported post

DOCUMENT ALL UOC ECHECKS BY LAW ENFORCEMENT.

IMMEDIATELY DOCUMENT:

THE EXACT LOCATION, DATE, TIME, LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY INVOLVED, NAMES OF ALL OFFICERS, NAMES OF ALL WITNESSES IF POSSIBLE,ANY RECORDED INFORMATION,SPECIFIC FACTS WHERE LAW ENFORCEMENT WENT BEYOND SIMPLY CHECKING IF THE WEAPON WAS LOADED AND ANY OTHER FACTS WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT.

It doesn't have to be me and I hope someone else has a better idea or is willing to document UOC echecks, but I'm convinced that it needs to be done by someone.

I have just created a Gmail account for memorializing UOC echecks.

uocecheck@gmail.com

I believe that everyone who experiences a 12031 (e) check should attempt to document the stop.

I am interested in keeping track of these stops and the tactical actions of law enforcement when doing so.

I believe that at some point in the future a very serious incident is going to take place where all of these incidents will be considered the predictors of such a future event.

I don't care about Terry Stops, being pulled over in a car, asked for ID, forced to put your hands on your head and interlock your fingers, being photographed for the public record, having to walk backwards towards armed individual whether police or not, or any other BS for simply going about your business legally.

There are attorneys and so called prominent firearm advocacy groups here on the west coast andin California that should be documenting EVERY 12031 (e) check that takes place and formulating a legal strategy to put an end to the practice.

Any organized and advocated form of harassment by members of law enforcement even with the benefit of a lawthat allows them won't stand up to judicial scrutiny.

It appears to me, (and I’m NOT an attorney), that everything I have read on the California section of this board regarding 12031 (e) checks shows an pattern of abuse against those who are carrying handguns legally.

The current attempts to incorporate the Second Amendment to the states, (in particular California), has absolutely NOTHING to do with being constantly detained, harassed and publicly embarrassed in this manner.

There are currently Federal Constitutional provisions and countless Federal and State laws and court cases which could be cited and used in any legal offensive to stop these organized harassing tactics against what amounts to a SELECT group of law abiding citizens.

I would suggest that EVERYONE who suffers the humiliation and harassment of a 12032 (e) check send verifiable evidence to the email I have created so that the incident may be memorialized for future reference.

TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIESWANT AS MANY CONFRONTATIONS AS POSSIBLE TO GENERATE THEMEDIA COVERAGE NECESSARY TO SWING PUBLIC OPINION IN FAVOR OF PROHIBITING OPEN CARRY OF ANY KIND IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.

THE MEDIA DOES NOT MAKE MONEY OR SELL ADVERTISING BY REPORTING OR ADVOCATING FIREARMS IN THE HANDS OF PRIVATE CITIZENS!!!

Rusty

imported post

I am in the process of setting up a porcupine 411 number for the bay area. This may be something that we can use.

If you are not familiar with this service check out this link

http://nh.porcupine411.com/category/audio-messages/

basically it is a number you can call, and record a message, that will be immediately posted online and can be disseminated via rss feeds etc...

This way, if you have a LEO encounter you can record it, and it will immediately be online, and sent to those who subscribe.

This is cool because, if you dont have a voice recorder with you, you can just make a speed dial to this number, and you are broadcasting.

--edit
Actually, with free long distance on most cell plans, you can use it from where ever. I will get the number set up on a bay area area code.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Rusty,

I believe that any form used to memorialize confrontations with law enforcement will benefit all involved whether you open carry or desire a CCW.

I only wish it was done by an organization who could make it available to anyone looking to do research or learn more about what to expect.

Thanks for your input.

Ed

Rusty

imported post

Well, this service posts the things you call into it. Anyone can then subscribe to those audio recordings, as they happen. Anyone would be free to download and do as they please with those audio recordings. The data is there for all to see and do with what they wish.

I am waiting to hear back from porcupine 411, I think it is a pretty small service, I only see 3 other subscribers, but I don't know if all subscribers are public.

The technology behind it is really not that complex, but I don't have the time to set up something myself, and just host it.

My only concerns are that the provider would be somehow compelled to filter inbound stuff. But I am pretty sure this is not an issue, and I will confirm this with them. I also want to be sure that the message time is not limited, some encounters can last for more then 20 minutes, so I hope that there is not time limit on the messages.

edit
--
We could even subscribe that gmail address to it, to get them all in one place.

tall_tree

imported post

I too enjoy subscribing to Porcupine 411 on iTunes. We discussed setting a similar system up at one of the open carry meetups here in the bay area. I actually set it up one afternoon, it didn't take much.

Incoming call comes in, the PBX picks up the call with a short intro to know you called the right number.

The call is recorded to disk, while also being streamed to the web.

After the call is finished, the PBX sends the call as attachment to an e-mail list.

The e-mail list software archives the calls as well as publishes them via RSS for software like iTunes to access. It can also of course, forward a copy of the call to anyone on the mailing list.

It is very simple, the recurring costs are the phone number, as well as the hosting for the PBX and e-mail list software.

I'm sure that soon Google Voice will make all of the above obsolete. :p