• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

Army

imported post

Doesn't matter what the event organizers told you, they are neither lawyers or LEO. Wearing a sidearm in the parking lot was illegal. Not only on state property, but well within the GFSZ too.

I would give you a D on your homework.

leoffensive

imported post

@pincheorgo1

dude really listen to what all these guys are saying they all are seasoned OCers. it seems like you take what they are saying with a grain of salt. they are telling you this stuff to help you so you dont become more ammo for the anti OC people.

SouthBayr

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
I understand everyones input and I appreciate it. I think that the LEO's knew there was a gun show going on and may have just looked the other way. Besides I do not look like a CRAZED allah allah allah chanting TERRORIST, nor a MALL NINJA.  What ever, it is over anyway. I do believe the PC states that "You have to be aware that you are indeed in a GFSZ", anyway. At least for it to be a felony. But the hassle still wouldn't be very pleasant.
Not to keep beating a dead horse, but you did publicly state you did your homework and there weren't schools (even though there was). Keep in mind LEO's frequent these board.

Honestly we are a great bunch of people, we're just trying to make sure you don't become statistic.

Carry on...

1245A Defender

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
is just PLAIN STUPID.

read ALL of theseus...california is ALL about STUPID!

the fact that you didnt get popped is just dumb luck!

fact is, if they read your license plate, they could show up at ANY time and serve you up for a 626.9 violation.

listen to your brotherin of experianced UOCers... you have alot to learn!

PincheOgro1

imported post

1245 A

I understand,

but as I said

" I didn't think to look upSCHOOLS in the area of the GUN SHOW, because I didn't think they would have a GUN SHOW in a SCHOOL ZONE in the FIRST PLACE. "

Gundude

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
1245 A

I understand,

but as I said

" I didn't think to look upSCHOOLS in the area of the GUN SHOW, because I didn't think they would have a GUN SHOW in a SCHOOL ZONE in the FIRST PLACE. "
I seem to remember a "gift cards for guns" event in a school zone not too long ago. If you do get busted in a school zone, the jury will have to decide if you knew about it or not. Bail...lawyer fees.....

SouthBayr

imported post

Thud.gif

dirtykoala

imported post

Gj being inconspicuous. Move with stealth, move without being seen. You are a true ninja, Jedi even! LEO can not touch you. You do not need our advice or input. I look up to you!

Editing(. Drunk$!

pullnshoot25

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
BIGTOE,

I didn't have ammunition when I went into the gun show, put I picked up 250 rounds at one of the kiosks, an ALICE pack, and a magazine pouch. I carried all of this around with me all day. AT THE GUN SHOW. Da oh, and I wasn't the only one there at the gun show. I saw lots of people walking around pulling little carry things with BOXES of ammo.

BIG FARKING MISTAKE. You CANNOT possess ammunition for the gun that you are carrying on your person. That is a FELONY.

1245A Defender

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
Gj being inconspicuous. Move with stealth, move without being seen. You are a true ninja, Jedi even! LEO can not touch you. You do not need our advice or input. I look up to you!

Editing(. Drunk$!

i too am drunk!!! but this guy dont wanna listen,,,, you gotta look up all the schools!! you cant trust the cops!!!! the rules of carry arent written for the easy of comprehashion.. i got most respect for you guys in california,,, i read and study your efforts everyday,,, people should read what you do to further the cause and heed the legal pitfalls that are uncovered by your efforts

pullnshoot25

imported post

Gundude wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:
1245 A

I understand,

but as I said

" I didn't think to look up SCHOOLS in the area of the GUN SHOW, because I didn't think they would have a GUN SHOW in a SCHOOL ZONE in the FIRST PLACE. "

I seem to remember a "gift cards for guns" event in a school zone not too long ago. If you do get busted in a school zone, the jury will have to decide if you knew about it or not. Bail...lawyer fees.....

Yes, I was there and it was in San Diego. It was illegal to have a gun buyback inside of a school zone, especially since they turned a blind eye to so many blatant 12025 issues.

I may be wrong on this, but I believe that gun show parking lots are exempted from 626.9 as long as the parking lots are enclosed and there is only one way in and out (IIRC from my last read of the law, don't quote me on it just yet). Lorax3 and I discussed this very issue not too long ago and the consensus we arrived to was that there was no real issue with carrying inside or outside of the gun show, as long as you were within the gates. We discussed this issue since there is a school just about 200' away from the Del Mar gun show.

I will say though, Pincheogro1, that it was very, very dumb of you to be in possession of ammo for your gun at a gun show. I nearly got checked by a jackass cop at a gun show (oh yes, it nearly happened) and I can tell you, had I had ammo, I would have been BONED. Story here: http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009/02/del-mar-gun-show-mixed-responses.html

PincheOgro1

imported post

Pullnshoot,

g) No person at a gun show or event, other than security personnel or sworn peace officers, shall possess at the same time both a firearm and ammunition that is designed to be fired in the firearm. Vendors having those items at the show for sale or exhibition are exempt from this prohibition.

(l) Unless otherwise specified, a first violation of this section is an infraction. Any second or subsequent violation is a misdemeanor. Any person who commits an act which he or she knows to be a violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor for a first offense.

PincheOgro1

imported post

Code:
(j) All firearms carried onto the premises of a gun show or event by members
Code:
of the public shall be checked, cleared of any ammunition, secured in a
Code:
manner that prevents them from being operated, and an identification tag
Code:
or sticker shall be attached to the firearm, prior to the person being
Code:
allowed admittance to the show.

ALL FIREARMS "CARRIED ONTO THE PREMISES"...

PRIOR TO THE PERSON BEING ALLOWED "ADMITTANCE" TO THE SHOW