• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Post Says Mark Kirk Likely to Win Obama's Illinois Seat

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Has anyone figured out what an "illegal gun" is yet?
It is a misnomer and a scare tactic there is no such thing as an illegal gun. There are though guns that are illegal to possess.
There should be NO SUCH THING AS AN "ILLEGAL GUN." If the Police/Military can have it the GENERAL PUBLIC SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE IT. I say if you can carry it you should be able to own it...After all, the US CONSTITUTION says in the 2nd amendment the "RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Has anyone figured out what an "illegal gun" is yet?
It is a misnomer and a scare tactic there is no such thing as an illegal gun. There are though guns that are illegal to possess.
There should be NO SUCH THING AS AN "ILLEGAL GUN." If the Police/Military can have it the GENERAL PUBLIC SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE IT. I say if you can carry it you should be able to own it...After all, the US CONSTITUTION says in the 2nd amendment the "RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
And the whole argument against it comes from people who somehow manage to make those words me "the right of the government to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I don't see any constitutional provision that explicitly provides a right to be armed to the government. It just isn't there.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

DanM

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
The following is Mark Kirk's answer: "I support the Second Amendment and sensible measures to reduce illegal gun violence."

In case anyone needs these gun-control code words translated:

"I willtake awayyour guns. That stuffabout the Second Amendment is a smoke screen, butyou're too stupid to realize it."

Generally, any time a statement starts off with"I support the right to X . . ." (insert whatever right X is), I start immediately smelling the smell of bovine excrement.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

bobcat wrote:
BTW, WTF is "sensible measures" anyway?

That's called a platitude.... all politicians vomit those out... and most want to ignore the Constitution all together.... its just they need to lie to get elected before they can ignore it.

There are no "sensible measures" or "common sense" gun laws... every single last one of the laws and restrictions are unconstitutional.

We fight them on EVERY MEASURE or we lose our rights eventually one lousy paper cut at a time.