• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meets & Marches Protocol and After Action Reports

mikestilly

imported post

I'm starting this thread to pass the word that I'm going to work with SprinklerGuy to come up with protocols which would be best practices for setting up and coordinating events. The last 2 events Lansing & BC in our minds were still a success. The communities are behind us and many people out there are responsive to what we're doing. I'm going to spend some time today coming up with a draft and then I'll run it by SprinklerGuy. Once we've come up with a perfected document and we've let the Vernator and others review it and they approve we'll post it for everyone to read.

With the TV3 interviews and the press coverage of the march and what took place at the dinner location should bring attention not only to our rights as law abiding gun owners in Michigan but also the lengths at which the childish behavior of some police officers will go to in order to try and silence us. These officers will be exposed soon. More details to follow.

SprinklerGuy and I both feel that this summer is going to be huge for the MOC and our numbers will grow considerably and with that I feel the above is an important step in order for us to continue to be viewed as the law abiding and to keep things positive for the cause!

Mike

mastiff69

imported post

I agree with the above thread, it is time to continue to make improvements to the open carry movement.

And as for the police, it is a shame that a few can make the whole police force look like the keystone cops.( and shame on the police for costing that business 11 customers)

And i also agree any changes should always go thru the miocdo for review, as we must stay on the same page.

cabman1

imported post

I believe this summer we need to get as many members together as possible i mean ive seen some events with 20+ people but i think we need to find a date soon for this summer that we can get 90 percent of the people on moc to gather for an event paying and none paying members here are 500 plus people registered in the michigan forum if we got half of them together and got the media in on it it would be wonderful

autosurgeon

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
I believe this summer we need to get as many members together as possible i mean ive seen some events with 20+ people but i think we need to find a date soon for this summer that we can get 90 percent of the people on moc to gather for an event paying and none paying members here are 500 plus people registered in the michigan forum if we got half of them together and got the media in on it it would be wonderful
This is a wonderful idea! Kind of like an Open Carry Convention!! Wouldn't Lansing or the immediate local be the most central...:lol:

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Lansing would be a location or I personally think Belle Isle as it is in Detroit and easy access for local media to cover.
Im also discussing with a few Detroit businesses for MOC reserved parking arrangements for the Detroit Fireworks.

mikestilly

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Lansing would be a location or I personally think Belle Isle as it is in Detroit and easy access for local media to cover.
Im also discussing with a few Detroit businesses for MOC reserved parking arrangements for the Detroit Fireworks.

Ahhhhh Detroit fireworks. Didnt even think of that! The best thing about that is it's a free event with a ton of people where we could pass out fliers as well.

mikestilly

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
It's in the Events Thread under Detroit River Days Festival

You know what the problem with the events thread is right? The problem is there are a massive pile of things in there and it takes a major examination to be able to locate stuff. Personally I feel it's very non-user friendly. An event organized event thread would work but not 200 other things with it.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Sprinklerguy is right about Detroit. This is something that we have talked about before. At the start of the summer we will be having a LARGE gathering on Belle Isle to kick off the summer events. My hope is to get 300 people at least.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
It's in the Events Thread under Detroit River Days Festival

You know what the problem with the events thread is right? The problem is there are a massive pile of things in there and it takes a major examination to be able to locate stuff. Personally I feel it's very non-user friendly. An event organized event thread would work but not 200 other things with it.
I can put the Previous OC Events and Corporate Policies in their own threas, but I don't think we need anymore stickies in our Michigan sub-forum. I'm always open to suggestions though.

WARCHILD

imported post

Please do, put each topic in it's own thread. It needs to be done, same as I did with the info thread. Too many posts to glean the info you're looking for.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I agree the upcoming events need their own thread. I would list the elected and appointed MOC leadership as the first post with each individuals MOC email address. Then follow it with upcoming events only listing which of the MOC leadership is the contact person for the event.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
I agree the upcoming events need their own thread. I would list the elected and appointed MOC leadership as the first post with each individuals MOC email address. Then follow it with upcoming events only listing which of the MOC leadership is the contact person for the event.
I agree with both you and Jerry.However, if the two threads are not stickied, it would require bumping constantly and the threads with get mucked up rather quickly. It's absolutely impossible to maintain an organized events thread when other members post in them. Thoughts?

WARCHILD

imported post

Is there any way you could have "exclusive control" of any particular thread?

Or we could create our own complete list of topic threads on MOC and cross link to other threads, if this is possible.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Is there any way you could have "exclusive control" of any particular thread?

Or we could create our own complete list of topic threads on MOC and cross link to other threads, if this is possible.
I don't think so, it's either all or nothing for moderation, as far as I know. As for MOC dot org, I would need to have access to the site which I doubt would happen any time soon. Personally, I feel comfortable with posting here for all to see--Michigan and other States as well.

WARCHILD

imported post

Ok, how about extracting the needed info from the threads, create a new Info thread and have the MOD delete the existing one? My info thread could be pasted to the new file and deleted after.
We will have to stern about using the info thread as a discussion thread.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Ok, how about extracting the needed info from the threads, create a new Info thread and have the MOD delete the existing one? My info thread could be pasted to the new file and deleted after.

That would work IMO. Creating two new threads and removing two would be OK.

For now, I think I'm going to hold off on that for a day or two to allow other opinions to surface. Obviously, there's some "behind the scenes" discussion taking place in regards to events threads. I'm going to wait and see how this all pans out. I suspect in a very short period of time event threads--on here or elsewhere--will be performed by another member.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

That would work IMO. Creating two new threads and removing two would be OK.

For now, I think I'm going to hold off on that for a day or two to allow other opinions to surface. Obviously, there's some "behind the scenes" discussion taking place in regards to events threads. I'm going to wait and see how this all pans out. I suspect in a very short period of time event threads--on here or elsewhere--will be performed by another member.
No, you are our events coordinator.