• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lansing event feb. 7th

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I am adding this topic to the agenda for the next MOC board meeting on April 6th. As of right now MOC,Inc is not going to hold or organize a protest. First we are going to try and work with the department as well as city officials to resolve the issue. If that does not work then we will take the next steps.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i just emailed the LEO packet to the lansing chief of police,and politely expressed my concerns about the responding officers at ponderosa.

mikestilly

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
I am adding this topic to the agenda for the next MOC board meeting on April 6th. As of right now MOC,Inc is not going to hold or organize a protest. First we are going to try and work with the department as well as city officials to resolve the issue. If that does not work then we will take the next steps.

This doesnt mean if people want to meet and march or eat they cant do it. Does it?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i just emailed the LEO packet to the lansing chief of police,and politely expressed my concerns about the responding officers at ponderosa.
Do as you like Lil (it's appreciated don't get wrong), but I would recommend letting the Brass of MOC handle it at this point.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Generaldet wrote:

This doesnt mean if people want to meet and march or eat they cant do it. Does it?

Individuals can't be stopped from acting as individuals. I do believe we need to let our leadership address this issue. Lansing PD did act poorly. However organizing a protest before it can be addressed to the city and PD is counter productive. We've exposed a problem. Now lets work with them to a provide solution. My hopes would be after this is resolved we can OC at a meet and greet with the PD.

Generaldet

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Generaldet wrote:

No, of course not. If someone wishes to just have an OC gathering they can do as they wish. I was only referring to an official MOC protest/gathering.

I do agree with Brian on this though that my suggestion is to wait and see the response first before doing a protest with signs, etc. But of course you are more then welcome to if you choose.

Generaldet

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Generaldet wrote:

Individuals can't be stopped from acting as individuals. I do believe we need to let our leadership address this issue. Lansing PD did act poorly. However organizing a protest before it can be addressed to the city and PD is counter productive. We've exposed a problem. Now lets work with them to a provide solution. My hopes would be after this is resolved we can OC at a meet and greet with the PD.
Agreed, this is exactly why we have MOC,Inc. When injustices like this occur it is easy to get riled up and just react. Believe me I'm very upset and I wasn't even there. But as members of MOC trust that we are working to resolve the issue. This is why we are here. A uniformed decision and show of solidarity go a long way to showing strength.