• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News channel 3: Tens of thousands of Michigan residents taking advantage of open carry law

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Good work Michiganers - now its time to lobby legislators to repeal the CPL holder open carry requirements t certain locations!

--

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/newschannel-1372007-battle-public.html

SNIP

Joel Fultonis co-ownerof Southside Sportsman Club in Battle Creek. And he freely carries his gun by his side. He's just one of nearly tens of thousands of Michigan residents who are taking advantage of the state's open carry law

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

yep. OC is the cheapest and most effective way to support A2. Just get over yourself, and do it.

The only thing wrong in the article, is that it said we were making the most out of our open carry law. Not really. There is no open carry law here in Michigan, it has never been illegal, therefore, it is legal to do so.

aadvark

imported post

Pro-Open Carry Michigan... Carry On!!!!!

Who would of thought it..., but, then again, Michigan is an Open Carry State!!!!!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
yep. OC is the cheapest and most effective way to support A2. Just get over yourself, and do it.

The only thing wrong in the article, is that it said we were making the most out of our open carry law. Not really. There is no open carry law here in Michigan, it has never been illegal, therefore, it is legal to do so.

The open carry law Fulton speaks of can have several different meanings. He may be referring to Michigan's Preemption Law (123.1102) or when and where a person may legally do so.

For example, there are laws that pertain to when a person may legally OC in Michigan, such as, the person must be 18 years of age or older and the pistol must be registered to him or her.

There are laws pertaining to open carry that prohibit said person from OC in places/premises where CPL holders are not prohibited.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
Anyone have any newslinks to news video of this? I didn't get to see it on the news.
I've been searching Ghost and I can find--that amouints to anything--is the link Mike alreadyprovided.