Thread: Attorneys for Rights Violations with UOC?

Post imported post

I've called a number or local attorneys to find out who would pick up such cases against local law enforcement agencies and officers. I have not found one. Any recommendations?

Post imported post

crash5150 wrote:
    I've called a number or local attorneys to find out who would pick up such cases against local law enforcement agencies and officers. I have not found one. Any recommendations?
    [Crickets chirping in the fading summer twilight]
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Where are you located? There's Trutanich & Michel, LLP in LA. There's some good lawyer in San Jose, but I can't remember his name.

Post imported post

Northern California - Near Redding.

I would assume.... only assume here... that people would have attorneys figured out by now since law enforcement over steps their bounds, and know who to call when...not if.. but when it happens.

when I get harassed by law enforcement for UOC, I want to be able to pick up the phone.. and call the correct attorney immediately.. to get a suit rolling.

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    Where are you located? There's Trutanich & Michel, LLP in LA. There's some good lawyer in San Jose, but I can't remember his name.
    Youre thinking of Don Kilmer.

I've spoken to both- and neither seemed particularly interested in pursuing a "1983" case. That may change when incorporation is finally settled, but for now, I dont believe that there is an attorney out there that is willing to take on law enforcement in California courts.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Does anyone know who represented the person that got shot by Bart Police Department last year? I couldn't find it.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    Chuck Michel would NOT be interested in helping UOCers. While he does a LOT of work for California gun rights, he is vehemently opposed to UOC activities right now.