• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attorneys for Rights Violations with UOC?

crash5150

imported post

I've called a number or local attorneys to find out who would pick up such cases against local law enforcement agencies and officers. I have not found one. Any recommendations?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Where are you located? There's Trutanich & Michel, LLP in LA. There's some good lawyer in San Jose, but I can't remember his name.

crash5150

imported post

Northern California - Near Redding.

I would assume.... only assume here... that people would have attorneys figured out by now since law enforcement over steps their bounds, and know who to call when...not if.. but when it happens.

when I get harassed by law enforcement for UOC, I want to be able to pick up the phone.. and call the correct attorney immediately.. to get a suit rolling.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Where are you located? There's Trutanich & Michel, LLP in LA. There's some good lawyer in San Jose, but I can't remember his name.

Youre thinking of Don Kilmer.

I've spoken to both- and neither seemed particularly interested in pursuing a "1983" case. That may change when incorporation is finally settled, but for now, I dont believe that there is an attorney out there that is willing to take on law enforcement in California courts.

crash5150

imported post

Does anyone know who represented the person that got shot by Bart Police Department last year? I couldn't find it.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Chuck Michel would NOT be interested in helping UOCers. While he does a LOT of work for California gun rights, he is vehemently opposed to UOC activities right now.