• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handgun Gifting From Dad.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

woodsboy wrote:
Yea, well you can only believe half of what you read and none of what you hear!

But Your Right NavyLT, Nothing like allittle determination,responsibility, respect,can go along way with your parents. AND!! If it makes a Difference I leave for basic training, May 1st, 201011B (infantry) Ft. Benning, GA OSUT

But... previous to my Army Career Move, I was in College two semesters stuying Criminal Justice..

... we never learned anything about Section 16-23-20 thought? hmm

woods
Appreciate your up coming service - good luck and stay in touch.

Yata hey

woodsboy

imported post

Hey Fellas!

I finally got my present!

Not quiet what Iexpected, but you can't complain with free!

DSC_0038.jpg

Nice Gun Overall,and I really like it's Allied ForcesEd.Luckily, i find reloading a hobby to keep my initial ammunition cost down. Trigger a bit tight, but a great feeling and pretty damnaccurate!

Gunslinger

imported post

woodsboy wrote:
Hey Fellas!

I finally got my present!

Not quiet what Iexpected, but you can't complain with free!

DSC_0038.jpg

Nice Gun Overall,and I really like it's Allied ForcesEd.Luckily, i find reloading a hobby to keep my initial ammunition cost down. Trigger a bit tight, but a great feeling and pretty damnaccurate!
While I'm partial to SIGs and Browning HPs, you never go wrong with a Smith. Good luck in BT.

woodsboy

imported post

yea, being used to shooting my dads colt .45 government combat edition this feels like a .22

The polymer frame makes it light, but the gun doesn't come oiled from the factory. Aftersoaking the mechanical parts and barrelwith some good ole'ballistol it feels like butter.

Pretty accurate, no jams, trigger is stiff but 300 rounds later it feels as if it is breaking in just fine!

Thank you for the support. Counting down the days!!