• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whoa, where'd MGO go?

malignity

imported post

Granted, I only use MGO for good firearm deals these days, but as of 17:22 on the 31st, MGO is gone. Could just be a server error, but I dunno. Was looking for a mossberg 500, and well.. it ain't there.

G

imported post

My first impulse was to say "Who cares?".

But I have gotten some good deals from the classifieds.

That about all that crabgrass-roots gun forum is good for.

Another good thing about the classifieds is that if you post a gun for sale, you don't get that one jackass swarming your thread with his anti-OC rhetoric that only makes sense to the moron running the forum.

malignity

imported post

Yep.

I hate to agree, but the only thing MGO is good for is the classifieds.

Granted, the Legal Beagle was good, and despite Jim being so anti-OC, the guy at least knew his stuff; but now that he's gone... it's just the classifieds.

autosurgeon

imported post

Now it says parked for free by Go Daddy ... that usually means one of two things... either they have not paid the hosting bill or they had to pull the whole shebang due to a database problem.

Based on the database errors I have been getting for that last 3 days I say it is the latter.

G

imported post

I'm getting on. But I'm not using a name associated with OCing. Maybe that's why.:lol:

G

imported post

I was. Even went to look up a Mossberg 500 for malignity.

Now I'm getting go daddy.

What happened???

Didn't they raise enough money at their last self-serving fund raising dinner???

Then again, maybe Chuckie got 'em kicked off the web somehow.

He is pretty powerful.

They're so afraid of him over there that if you merely mention his name you're likely to get banned for life.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I just direct pinged the server... no response.

The Go Daddy page is the domain parking...

Here's what's happening, from what I can surmise:

They were hosting with someone, and that place has been having issues. They promised time after time to fix the issues, but ultimately never did.

As a result, this weekend they seem to be performing an emergency switch to another host (GoDaddy). They successfully transferred the domain without moving the source files and database over.

Now, they've got the host switched, and DNS has updated, and no host files in place.

Could be wrong, though.

autosurgeon

imported post

That is very likely! I went through that with the gunclub website... turned out they had not activated my server space and linked it to the domain name... Since then however Go Daddy has been great.

G

imported post

Maybe someone hit the ignore button and it became a...

Completed Transaction