Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Capacity Magazine

Post imported post

I was wondering if was legal to carry a high capacitymagazine(16)?

I just need to make sure befor my wife carries this in her XD9 Sub Compact.

I seached and could'nt come up with the answer.

Post imported post

kdt1970 wrote:
    I was wondering if was legal to carry a high capacitymagazine (16)?
    The correct term is NORMAL capacity magazines. :P And no, there is no limit on how much you can carry.

leeland once openly carried 174 rounds of 9MM. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/28077.html

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

yup, you're good to go... just don't take it to California... the XD subcompacts are illegal in Cali, and so is any magazine with more than 10 rounds (I think)

Post imported post

How much does that rig weigh?
    Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

Now thats cool :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

kdt1970 wrote:
    Hard to say, since there is no such thing.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    kdt1970 wrote:
    What do you mean no such thing:

this is whatI have.

Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9mm Luger 16-Round with Grip Sleeve Stainless Steel

Post imported post

kdt1970 wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    kdt1970 wrote:

this is whatI have.

Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9mm Luger 16-Round with Grip Sleeve Stainless Steel
    I'll re-iterate.

There is no such thing as a 'high capacity' magazine. There are magazines that hold more or less than others.

It's sad to see gun owners using the political rhetoric and propaganda of their enemies...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Post imported post

The largest magazine that I have holds 40 rounds. It is not nearly enoughy capacity for my taste.

Anything under a 200 round belt is low capacity to me. :P
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    kdt1970 wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    kdt1970 wrote:

this is whatI have.

I'll re-iterate.

There is no such thing as a 'high capacity' magazine. There are magazines that hold more or less than others.

It's sad to see gun owners using the political rhetoric and propaganda of their enemies...
    I see what ur sayin now.As my kids would say "My Bad"

Post imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
    yup, you're good to go... just don't take it to California... the XD subcompacts are illegal in Cali, and so is any magazine with more than 10 rounds (I think)
    Yes, any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is illegal in California, but where did you hear that XD subcompacts are illegal? I hope not, since I've taken mine to California several times (with 10-round magazines).

Post imported post

It is stated on my XD40 SC box "This gun is Illegal in CA.

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

I believe the stickers on the case say something like "Not legal for sale in California".

This is usually due to the case containing a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, or the firearm is not on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California.

Tracey Ambeau Hanson, one of the original Plaintiffs in the Heller case, tried to register her Bi-tone XD after the Heller decision. Since DC uses a list that essentially mirrors the California list, she was denied because the Bi-tone version of her XD was not on the "approved list".

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/dc-...2009-03-09.pdf
    45. Defendants denied plaintiff Tracey Ambeau Hanson’s application to register a Springfield Armory XD-45 Tactical 5" Bi-Tone stainless steel/black handgun in .45 ACP, model number XD9623, as that handgun is not on the California Safe Handgun Roster as adopted by the District of Columbia.

Post imported post

The only "safe" handgun in California, is the one rapidly discharging rounds into the skulls of the politicians who dwell there. I would defecate on their graves, and laugh at their children and parents.

Yes, I said that. I have no respect for the enemies of freedom and human rights.

Post imported post

I don't know... on the box it says "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA AND W/HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE"

My assumption was that it means that it is illegal in california... if the magazine were illegal, I would assume that the box states that the magazine is illegal in california... not "Not legal in California and High Capacity magazine" that implys that "the gun is illegal in california, and btw, the a high capacity magazine is included"

When I was at Getsome and I bought the gun, I asked if the sticker just means that I just can't take thosemagazines to California, the sales rep said I can't take the gun into California...

Clarification would be good, doesn't Cali have an "approved gun list"? if so, is the XDsc on it?

Post imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
    I don't know... on the box it says "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA AND W/HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE"
    That is what I remember my XD40SC box said on it, before I took that sticker off! I hate California!

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
    Clarification would be good, doesn't Cali have an "approved gun list"? if so, is the XDsc on it?
    It depends on the exact model number you have. Check here---> Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale

Post imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
    YoZUpZ wrote:
    That is what I remember my XD40SC box said on it, before I took that sticker off! I hate California!
    Yeah, look where all of their stances and political BS have gotten them. ROFL!!! I could care less if the whole damn wasteland fell into the ocean. They are the most FUBAR state in the union. lol

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Post imported post

why is Utah so awesome?

Post imported post

ComradeV wrote:
    why is Utah so awesome?
    It's one of life's unexplainable mysteries. Like, why is beef jerky so awesome? Only Maddox knows.

Post imported post

ComradeV wrote:
    why is Utah so awesome?
    Because the Pioneers whocame herewere kicked out, runned-out, bunrt-out of their homes, killed, raped, and the President of the the United States of America did nothing for these people(Mormon Church when it's leader went to WashingtonDC for help!

The prosperity of those pioneers have not forgotten and have a written history ofwhat it is like to have "BIG Government" make your life a living hell!

I am from NJ and I have no Pioneers in my family but I can appreicate their struggle for freedom in a "Free Country!" Don't Tread on UTAH!

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

ComradeV wrote:
    why is Utah so awesome?
    It would take volumes to explain. To start with, if you take out Vermont and Alaska, it has some of the most permissive firearms laws in the nation along with an Attorney General that was willing to go to court against the largest university in the state to protect our RKBA.

Add to that one of the most diverse terrains anywhere, Utah has everything from desert sand dunes to white water rivers to red rock canyons to 13,000 foot mountains, all within a day's drive. I especially love the mountains, I step out my front door and look at the peak of a 9000+ foot mountain peak only about 2 miles away.

There is virtually every kind of outdoor activity you could ask for. You can go water skiing and snow skiing within 10 miles of each other. You can go from the farm to the opera in 20 miles. You can go from a monster truck rally to a symphony concert less than a mile apart. Utah is home to five national parks and seven national monuments two national recreation areas and six national forests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah

Post imported post

I agree, Utah is a great state to live in.

Post imported post

kdt1970 wrote:
    I agree, Utah is a great state to live in.
    Ssshhhh!

People all over the country can read this y'know...

On the other hand, it might be a good idea to attract all the gun-totin', freedom-lovin' folks we can, to balance out our continual influx of Californians.

Post imported post

rpyne wrote:
    if you take out Vermont and Alaska, it has some of the most permissive firearms laws in the nation
    I don't know about that. Alaska, aside from not having a law that bans concealed carry, has some pretty restrictive gun laws.

The Brady Bunch has us tied with Alaska at a whopping 4 points, campus carry and "shoot first" law. (Utah's should really be 0)

* They have a weaker preemption than Utah.

* There is a duty to notify in Alaska.

* Alaska permit records are considered public information.

* Alaska's permit does not cover weapons other than firearms.

* Carry is not allowed in the following places:

• A public or private school for grades K-12, including the school grounds, parking lot or on a bus while used for a school sponsored activities, unless the person carrying the firearm has the permission of the chief administrative officer of the school or the school district.
    • Any place where intoxicating liquor is sold for consumption on the premises, except a restaurant where the person carrying the firearm did not consume intoxicating liquor.
    • Any licensed child care facility or licensed assisted living home for the elderly or for the mentally or physically disabled, if the facility is other than a private residence.
    • Within a courtroom or office of the Alaska Court System, or within a courthouse that is occupied only by the Alaska Court System and other Justice-related agencies.
    • Within a domestic violence or sexual assault shelter that receives funding from the state.
    • Within another person's residence, unless the person carrying the firearm has first obtained the express permission of an adult residing there to bring the firearm into the residence.

(Source: www.handgunlaw.us may be inaccurate) :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast