• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

High Capacity Magazine

kdt1970

imported post

I was wondering if was legal to carry a high capacitymagazine(16)?:question:

I just need to make sure befor my wife carries this in her XD9 Sub Compact.

I seached and could'nt come up with the answer.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

kdt1970 wrote:
I was wondering if was legal to carry a high capacitymagazine (16)?:question:
The correct term is NORMAL capacity magazines. :p And no, there is no limit on how much you can carry.

leeland once openly carried 174 rounds of 9MM. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/28077.html

back.jpg

YoZUpZ

imported post

yup, you're good to go... just don't take it to California... the XD subcompacts are illegal in Cali, and so is any magazine with more than 10 rounds (I think)

kdt1970

imported post

ixtow wrote:
kdt1970 wrote:
I was wondering if was legal to carry a high capacitymagazine (16)?
Hard to say, since there is no such thing.

What do you mean no such thing:

this is whatI have.

Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9mm Luger 16-Round with Grip Sleeve Stainless Steel

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kdt1970 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
kdt1970 wrote:

this is whatI have.

Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD Sub-Compact 9mm Luger 16-Round with Grip Sleeve Stainless Steel
I'll re-iterate.

There is no such thing as a 'high capacity' magazine. There are magazines that hold more or less than others.

It's sad to see gun owners using the political rhetoric and propaganda of their enemies...

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

The largest magazine that I have holds 40 rounds. It is not nearly enoughy capacity for my taste. ;)

Anything under a 200 round belt is low capacity to me. :p

kdt1970

imported post

ixtow wrote:
kdt1970 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
kdt1970 wrote:

this is whatI have.

I'll re-iterate.

There is no such thing as a 'high capacity' magazine. There are magazines that hold more or less than others.

It's sad to see gun owners using the political rhetoric and propaganda of their enemies...
I see what ur sayin now.:lol:As my kids would say "My Bad"

swillden

imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
yup, you're good to go... just don't take it to California... the XD subcompacts are illegal in Cali, and so is any magazine with more than 10 rounds (I think)
Yes, any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is illegal in California, but where did you hear that XD subcompacts are illegal? I hope not, since I've taken mine to California several times (with 10-round magazines).

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I believe the stickers on the case say something like "Not legal for sale in California".

This is usually due to the case containing a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, or the firearm is not on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California.

Tracey Ambeau Hanson, one of the original Plaintiffs in the Heller case, tried to register her Bi-tone XD after the Heller decision. Since DC uses a list that essentially mirrors the California list, she was denied because the Bi-tone version of her XD was not on the "approved list".

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/dc-roster/Hanson-v-DC-Complaint-2009-03-09.pdf
45. Defendants denied plaintiff Tracey Ambeau Hanson’s application to register a Springfield Armory XD-45 Tactical 5" Bi-Tone stainless steel/black handgun in .45 ACP, model number XD9623, as that handgun is not on the California Safe Handgun Roster as adopted by the District of Columbia.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The only "safe" handgun in California, is the one rapidly discharging rounds into the skulls of the politicians who dwell there. I would defecate on their graves, and laugh at their children and parents.

Yes, I said that. I have no respect for the enemies of freedom and human rights.

YoZUpZ

imported post

I don't know... on the box it says "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA AND W/HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE"

My assumption was that it means that it is illegal in california... if the magazine were illegal, I would assume that the box states that the magazine is illegal in california... not "Not legal in California and High Capacity magazine" that implys that "the gun is illegal in california, and btw, the a high capacity magazine is included"

When I was at Getsome and I bought the gun, I asked if the sticker just means that I just can't take thosemagazines to California, the sales rep said I can't take the gun into California...

Clarification would be good, doesn't Cali have an "approved gun list"? if so, is the XDsc on it?

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
I don't know... on the box it says "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA AND W/HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE"
That is what I remember my XD40SC box said on it, before I took that sticker off! I hate California! :banghead:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
YoZUpZ wrote:
That is what I remember my XD40SC box said on it, before I took that sticker off! I hate California! :banghead:
Yeah, look where all of their stances and political BS have gotten them. ROFL!!! I could care less if the whole damn wasteland fell into the ocean. They are the most FUBAR state in the union. lol

Kevin