Thread: Port Orchard meet

Post imported post

Aty 3PM my wife and I met up with Squeek and Nathan at McDonalds on mile hill. There was a birthday party and a lot of CHILDREN present.

We had 3 encounters due to this meetup.

1st. One of the parents ask Squeek what caliber his 1911 was he replied 9. the parent and what appeared to be a grand parent said'9 Millimeter, cool"

2nd. One of the parents brought Squeek 2 pieces of Birthday cake,that he DID NOT share.

3rd. Two customers asked what caliber I carried. I told them .44 Special. We had a short chat about OC, being just ordinary person, go to the OC forum, State preemption etc.

Altogether a good outing. Now, where were the others that said you would be here? You missed a good meet.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr and Squeak:

Had a good time meeting both of you and your wife. It was a very positive experience. Thanks again for your time.

Post imported post

Squeak your wife is right you do need adult supervision, share the cake.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

I have never seen a 9mm 1911 - I always thought it just came in .45 :?

Post imported post

Sorry about the cofusion. I didn't hear him say 1911. I was just surprised that he asked. It is a Taurus PT 99.

Post imported post

Orphan wrote:
    Squeak your wife is right you do need adult supervision, share the cake.
    HEY! O, That is what a PM is for! Now the whole world knows. Doc, the coffee cup. Tell them about the Miracle coffee cup I GAVE you. If he(Doc) wanted some cake,all he had to do was axe. Is this post getting out of hand again! MAN! Deros, if you want a ride, you better step in and help me out here! Gun nuts. Ya just can't reason wit them!

Post imported post

My mistake Squeek, he did not ask 1911. I thought that is what you had.it was covered up in that holster. My bad.

Deros, you didn't come here so you can't defend squeek.:celebrate

Post imported post

antispam540 wrote:
    They come in 9x19, 9x21, 9x23, 9x25 Dillon, .38 Super, .40S&W, .40 Super, .400 CorBon,10mm, .45ACP, .45 Super, .50GI, and a bunch of other calibers I can't pronounce! M1Gunner carries a 9mm 1911, IIRC. Sweet shooters, those "sub-caliber" 1911's.

Post imported post

antispam540 wrote:
    My Springfield 1911 is chambered in 9mm. I've been looking at a slide kit in .460 that will drop right in place.

Post imported post

So, when did this get set up, and how come I didn't know about it?!

Post imported post

Post imported post

Too bad I missed that, you guys were about a mile from me. But then again I was running round PO and Gig Harbor looking for a home security system with cameras. I went out to my garage this morning and noticed tire tracks in my back yard. Someone actually drove their car into my back yard.

Post imported post

sirpuma wrote:
    Too bad I missed that, you guys were about a mile from me. But then again I was running round PO and Gig Harbor looking for a home security system with cameras. I went out to my garage this morning and noticed tire tracks in my back yard. Someone actually drove their car into my back yard.
    I saw this and this is an excellent system.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/vi.../&cl=us,en
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote: Oh, okay. I haven't been following that thread, because I haven't got one - an angry wife, that is. Mine frequently checks to make sure I'm carrying before we leave the house.

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:

I was looking at that, but it's way too expensive. We're getting a 4 camera system that records, has IR and will let us monitor via internet or cell phone for $300.

Post imported post

oops double tap.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

I was doing a gun tradeyesterday day orI would have loved to make it. I think i will try to make or schedule a Sat or Sunday port orchard meet for here in a weekor two, something we can plan for. Also i'll be at the 20th Puyallup show.

Would Sat 11pm brunch or Sunday 6pm dinner be better for every/anyone? - The Sheri's on Sedgwick (off 16), or the pancake house here - some local ideas welcome.

- thinking of Next week? ~ Once we get some feedback i'll make a new post for the actual.

lemme know.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

sirpuma wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:

I was looking at that, but it's way too expensive. We're getting a 4 camera system that records, has IR and will let us monitor via internet or cell phone for $300.
    But will it come with this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcxg_QuHyYE

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    Oh, okay. I haven't been following that thread, because I haven't got one - an angry wife, that is. Mine frequently checks to make sure I'm carrying before we leave the house.
    Mine too!!!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    I am the person responsible for myself, my wife and my son. I take that VERY seriously.

Post imported post

Good show, guys!

Post imported post

swatspyder wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:

But will it come with this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcxg_QuHyYE
    Nope, but that kicks butt. LOL I may have to see about building one of those.:celebrate