• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port Orchard meet

Trigger Dr

imported post

Aty 3PM my wife and I met up with Squeek and Nathan at McDonalds on mile hill. There was a birthday party and a lot of CHILDREN present.

We had 3 encounters due to this meetup.

1st. One of the parents ask Squeek what caliber his 1911 was he replied 9. the parent and what appeared to be a grand parent said'9 Millimeter, cool"

2nd. One of the parents brought Squeek 2 pieces of Birthday cake,that he DID NOT share.

3rd. Two customers asked what caliber I carried. I told them .44 Special. We had a short chat about OC, being just ordinary person, go to the OC forum, State preemption etc.

Altogether a good outing. Now, where were the others that said you would be here? You missed a good meet.

Squeak

imported post

Sorry about the cofusion. I didn't hear him say 1911. I was just surprised that he asked. It is a Taurus PT 99.

Squeak

imported post

Orphan wrote:
Squeak your wife is right you do need adult supervision, share the cake.
HEY! O, That is what a PM is for! Now the whole world knows. Doc, the coffee cup. Tell them about the Miracle coffee cup I GAVE you. If he(Doc) wanted some cake,all he had to do was axe. Is this post getting out of hand again! MAN! Deros, if you want a ride, you better step in and help me out here! Gun nuts. Ya just can't reason wit them!:cry:

Trigger Dr

imported post

My mistake Squeek, he did not ask 1911. I thought that is what you had.:cuss:it was covered up in that holster. My bad.

Deros, you didn't come here so you can't defend squeek.:celebrate

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
I have never seen a 9mm 1911 - I always thought it just came in .45 :?

They come in 9x19, 9x21, 9x23, 9x25 Dillon, .38 Super, .40S&W, .40 Super, .400 CorBon,10mm, .45ACP, .45 Super, .50GI, and a bunch of other calibers I can't pronounce! M1Gunner carries a 9mm 1911, IIRC. Sweet shooters, those "sub-caliber" 1911's.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

antispam540 wrote:
I have never seen a 9mm 1911 - I always thought it just came in .45 :?
My Springfield 1911 is chambered in 9mm. I've been looking at a slide kit in .460 that will drop right in place.

sirpuma

imported post

Too bad I missed that, you guys were about a mile from me. But then again I was running round PO and Gig Harbor looking for a home security system with cameras. I went out to my garage this morning and noticed tire tracks in my back yard. Someone actually drove their car into my back yard.:banghead:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sirpuma wrote:
Too bad I missed that, you guys were about a mile from me. But then again I was running round PO and Gig Harbor looking for a home security system with cameras. I went out to my garage this morning and noticed tire tracks in my back yard. Someone actually drove their car into my back yard.:banghead:

I saw this and this is an excellent system.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/video_security_systems/&cl=us,en

sirpuma

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
sirpuma wrote:

I was looking at that, but it's way too expensive. We're getting a 4 camera system that records, has IR and will let us monitor via internet or cell phone for $300.

Batousaii

imported post

I was doing a gun tradeyesterday day orI would have loved to make it. I think i will try to make or schedule a Sat or Sunday port orchard meet for here in a weekor two, something we can plan for. Also i'll be at the 20th Puyallup show.

Would Sat 11pm brunch or Sunday 6pm dinner be better for every/anyone? - The Sheri's on Sedgwick (off 16), or the pancake house here - some local ideas welcome.

- thinking of Next week? ~ Once we get some feedback i'll make a new post for the actual.

lemme know.

swatspyder

imported post

sirpuma wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
sirpuma wrote:

I was looking at that, but it's way too expensive. We're getting a 4 camera system that records, has IR and will let us monitor via internet or cell phone for $300.
But will it come with this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcxg_QuHyYE

tyguy808

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Oh, okay. I haven't been following that thread, because I haven't got one - an angry wife, that is. Mine frequently checks to make sure I'm carrying before we leave the house.
Mine too!!!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate