Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: OC ...Everywhere

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    I was looking over some photos in my external hard drive tonight. I'm considering withdrawing permission to use them to one particular group and wanted to make sure they were copyrighted.
    I also needed to get some for one of our members fot their Facebook page. I have nearly a terabyte of them.

    Anyway, I realized that one Oc'er keeps showing up. Not in 10 or 20...hundreds of them.

    I think that this fellow deserves the OC activism award of the year.
    He is always where he's needed!






  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Near The Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    454

    Post imported post

    peter nap wrote:
    I was looking over some photos in my external hard drive tonight. I'm considering withdrawing permission to use them to one particular group and wanted to make sure they were copyrighted.
    I also needed to get some for one of our members fot their Facebook page. I have nearly a terabyte of them.

    Anyway, I realized that one Oc'er keeps showing up. Not in 10 or 20...hundreds of them.

    I think that this fellow deserves the OC activism award of the year.
    He is always where he's needed!




    100% agree with you.



  3. #3
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    DonTreadOnMe wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    I was looking over some photos in my external hard drive tonight. I'm considering withdrawing permission to use them to one particular group and wanted to make sure they were copyrighted.
    I also needed to get some for one of our members fot their Facebook page. I have nearly a terabyte of them.

    Anyway, I realized that one Oc'er keeps showing up. Not in 10 or 20...hundreds of them.

    I think that this fellow deserves the OC activism award of the year.
    He is always where he's needed!




    100% agree with you.

    Maybe that activism award could be renamed the "Grapeshot" Award!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisa County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    821

    Post imported post

    True enough.

    The man is ubiquitous.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Near The Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    454

    Post imported post

    45acpForMe wrote:
    DonTreadOnMe wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Maybe that activism award could be renamed the "Grapeshot" Award!
    That really would not ba a bad idea. every year we could recognize someone in the state that is always faithful to the cause, maybe with an eye to the unsung heroes of the cause.

    I for one second the idea.



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    So would it be a forgone conclusion that Mike, John and Philip are always honoary mentions?

  7. #7
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot was instrumental in converting me to the cause.


    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

    --Robert A. Heinlein

    Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

  8. #8
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    Post imported post

    bohdi wrote:
    So would it be a forgone conclusion that Mike, John and Philip are always honoary mentions?
    I've only been around about 2 years so I don't know who came first but the above could be life members of the "Grapeshot Council".

    Or if Philip should be honored we could always have a PVC-Presidential award! :-)

  9. #9
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    bohdi wrote:
    So would it be a forgone conclusion that Mike, John and Philip are always honoary mentions?
    Philip yes, I'm not sure about the other two.
    I've haven't seen John much to comment but I've seen Mike around and he didn't appear to be OC'ing.

    Everytime I seeGS he is OC'ing, he is my OC hero.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Agent19 wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    So would it be a forgone conclusion that Mike, John and Philip are always honoary mentions?
    Philip yes, I'm not sure about the other two.
    I've haven't seen John much to comment but I've seen Mike around and he didn't appear to be OC'ing.

    Everytime I seeGS he is OC'ing, he is my OC hero.
    +1 on everything you just said.

    OC talk is just that. If you can't see it...it ain't OC.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    I'm still relatively new to this compared to alot of you folks, so I guess my response was partially due to ignorance/lack of knowing. I don't know what came first, Grapeshot or the egg

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    bohdi wrote:
    I'm still relatively new to this compared to alot of you folks, so I guess my response was partially due to ignorance/lack of knowing. I don't know what came first, Grapeshot or the egg
    Grapeshot, Peter Nap & I were on the feasability committee to determine if dirt could be substituted for cosmic dust. Being the junior member, I was constantly sent out to get more coffee.

    There are others who have been OCing for longer, but they either avoid publicity or do not venture East of their side of the mountains.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  13. #13
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    I'm still relatively new to this compared to alot of you folks, so I guess my response was partially due to ignorance/lack of knowing. I don't know what came first, Grapeshot or the egg
    Grapeshot, Peter Nap & I were on the feasability committee to determine if dirt could be substituted for cosmic dust. Being the junior member, I was constantly sent out to get more coffee.

    There are others who have been OCing for longer, but they either avoid publicity or do not venture East of their side of the mountains.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    I heard that back in the day, Grapeshot dated Pocohontas....

    That may just be a rumor, though....
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    There goes my incognito status under the witness protection program - thanks Don.

    Don is quite good with his camera work. He does more with his pictures than I do as a subject. Maybe I need to start wearing a hat and not shaving so I won't be as photogenic.

    The thing is though that OC is NOT about me - it is about everybody else - their right to self-defense, their right to life. Educating and normalizing through participation is the way.

    OC is the ONE thing that declares/announces us as a free society. Nothing else does this so well IMHO.

    No one messenger - least of all myself - deserves anymore credit than the sum total of those so involved. The entire group in Virginia should stand up and give themselves a great round of applause - you are a great bunch of guys 'n gals, proud to know you and play a small part.

    Notable too are the activists in Pennsylvania and here lately in Wisconsin. Indeed OC is more than a national cause celebre; it is both the symbolic and real solution to many of our ills.


    Bottom line - offer your hand in friendship - that is my reward.

    Yata hey



    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    peter nap wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    So would it be a forgone conclusion that Mike, John and Philip are always honorary mentions?
    Philip yes, I'm not sure about the other two.
    I've haven't seen John much to comment but I've seen Mike around and he didn't appear to be OC'ing.

    Every time I seeGS he is OC'ing, he is my OC hero.
    +1 on everything you just said.

    OC talk is just that. If you can't see it...it ain't OC.
    Sir, You're on that list of OC hero's, you truly stand for those that don't wish to bow to gov't entitlements (CHP's).
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  16. #16
    Regular Member altajava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    228

    Post imported post

    It is because of you and several others that I have nothad to use my voice recorder once in the 2+ years thatI have been OCing.

    I nominate Grapeshot for the VCDL lifetime achievement award!

    On a side note, I was just wondering what the difference is between grape shot and canister shot?


  17. #17
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    altajava wrote:
    On a side note, I was just wondering what the difference is between grape shot and canister shot?
    Virtually all grapeshot is canister shot, but all canister shot is not grapeshot.

    Canister shot (case-shot) maybe loaded/packed with a variety items, hence is a less specific, more generic term.

    It is the lead or iron balls resembling a cluster of grapes from which the term grapeshot is derived.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canister_shot

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    It is the lead or iron balls resembling a cluster of grapes from which the term grapeshot is derived.
    and all this time I thought it was one big shotball the size of a GRAPEfruit
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  19. #19
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    It is the lead or iron balls resembling a cluster of grapes from which the term grapeshot is derived.
    and all this time I thought it was one big shotball the size of a GRAPEfruit
    Only prior to ignition.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •