• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC ...Everywhere

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I was looking over some photos in my external hard drive tonight. I'm considering withdrawing permission to use them to one particular group and wanted to make sure they were copyrighted.
I also needed to get some for one of our members fot their Facebook page. I have nearly a terabyte of them.

Anyway, I realized that one Oc'er keeps showing up. Not in 10 or 20...hundreds of them.

I think that this fellow deserves the OC activism award of the year.;)
He is always where he's needed!

everywhere.jpg

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I was looking over some photos in my external hard drive tonight. I'm considering withdrawing permission to use them to one particular group and wanted to make sure they were copyrighted.
I also needed to get some for one of our members fot their Facebook page. I have nearly a terabyte of them.

Anyway, I realized that one Oc'er keeps showing up. Not in 10 or 20...hundreds of them.

everywhere.jpg
100% agree with you.

45acpForMe

imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
peter nap wrote:

everywhere.jpg
100% agree with you.
Maybe that activism award could be renamed the "Grapeshot" Award!

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
DonTreadOnMe wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Maybe that activism award could be renamed the "Grapeshot" Award!
That really would not ba a bad idea. every year we could recognize someone in the state that is always faithful to the cause, maybe with an eye to the unsung heroes of the cause.

I for one second the idea.

45acpForMe

imported post

bohdi wrote:
So would it be a forgone conclusion that Mike, John and Philip are always honoary mentions? :)
I've only been around about 2 years so I don't know who came first but the above could be life members of the "Grapeshot Council".

Or if Philip should be honored we could always have a PVC-Presidential award! :)

Marco

imported post

bohdi wrote:
So would it be a forgone conclusion that Mike, John and Philip are always honoary mentions? :)
Philip yes, I'm not sure about the other two.
I've haven't seen John much to comment but I've seen Mike around and he didn't appear to be OC'ing.

Everytime I seeGS he is OC'ing, he is my OC hero.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
bohdi wrote:
I've haven't seen John much to comment but I've seen Mike around and he didn't appear to be OC'ing.

Everytime I seeGS he is OC'ing, he is my OC hero.
+1 on everything you just said.

OC talk is just that. If you can't see it...it ain't OC.

bohdi

imported post

I'm still relatively new to this compared to alot of you folks, so I guess my response was partially due to ignorance/lack of knowing. I don't know what came first, Grapeshot or the egg :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bohdi wrote:
I'm still relatively new to this compared to alot of you folks, so I guess my response was partially due to ignorance/lack of knowing. I don't know what came first, Grapeshot or the egg :)

Grapeshot, Peter Nap & I were on the feasability committee to determine if dirt could be substituted for cosmic dust. Being the junior member, I was constantly sent out to get more coffee.

There are others who have been OCing for longer, but they either avoid publicity or do not venture East of their side of the mountains.

stay safe.

skidmark

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

skidmark wrote:
bohdi wrote:

Grapeshot, Peter Nap & I were on the feasability committee to determine if dirt could be substituted for cosmic dust. Being the junior member, I was constantly sent out to get more coffee.

There are others who have been OCing for longer, but they either avoid publicity or do not venture East of their side of the mountains.

stay safe.

skidmark

I heard that back in the day, Grapeshot dated Pocohontas....

That may just be a rumor, though.... :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

There goes my incognito status under the witness protection program - thanks Don.

Don is quite good with his camera work. He does more with his pictures than I do as a subject. Maybe I need to start wearing a hat and not shaving so I won't be as photogenic.

The thing is though that OC is NOT about me - it is about everybody else - their right to self-defense, their right to life. Educating and normalizing through participation is the way.

OC is the ONE thing that declares/announces us as a free society. Nothing else does this so well IMHO.

No one messenger - least of all myself - deserves anymore credit than the sum total of those so involved. The entire group in Virginia should stand up and give themselves a great round of applause - you are a great bunch of guys 'n gals, proud to know you and play a small part.

Notable too are the activists in Pennsylvania and here lately in Wisconsin. Indeed OC is more than a national cause celebre; it is both the symbolic and real solution to many of our ills.

Bottom line - offer your hand in friendship - that is my reward.

Yata hey

Marco

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
bohdi wrote:
So would it be a forgone conclusion that Mike, John and Philip are always honorary mentions? :)

Every time I seeGS he is OC'ing, he is my OC hero.
+1 on everything you just said.

OC talk is just that. If you can't see it...it ain't OC.
Sir, You're on that list of OC hero's, you truly stand for those that don't wish to bow to gov't entitlements (CHP's).

altajava

imported post

It is because of you and several others that I have nothad to use my voice recorder once in the 2+ years thatI have been OCing.

I nominate Grapeshot for the VCDL lifetime achievement award!

On a side note, I was just wondering what the difference is between grape shot and canister shot?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

altajava wrote:
On a side note, I was just wondering what the difference is between grape shot and canister shot?
Virtually all grapeshot is canister shot, but all canister shot is not grapeshot.

Canister shot (case-shot) maybe loaded/packed with a variety items, hence is a less specific, more generic term.

It is the lead or iron balls resembling a cluster of grapes from which the term grapeshot is derived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canister_shot

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
It is the lead or iron balls resembling a cluster of grapes from which the term grapeshot is derived.
and all this time I thought it was one big shotball the size of a GRAPEfruit
Only prior to ignition. :)

Yata hey