• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New meat

bogus bill

imported post

Just a old geezer. Done 35 years as a lockheed guard in california. Moved here to utah. Have my permit. I am a old gun collector, I favor revolvers over autos. But then thats all I carried daily for a lifetime. Not that I havent had autos, I have a highly worked over 1911 remington - rand by packmyer too. In reality I dont carry as much as probley most of you. Lets say I rely on my nose and profile. I did a lifetime of it in a more dangerous part of the country and dont quitefeel the need to pack in this tame town. Our thing is rideing the trails in better weather on our ATV and of course, I always pack in the boonies and on road trips. I consider myself very knowledgable in the gun field as hundreds have went through my hands as it has been my passion since a kid.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

bogus bill wrote:
Just a old geezer. Done 35 years as a lockheed guard in california. Moved here to utah. Have my permit. I am a old gun collector, I favor revolvers over autos. But then thats all I carried daily for a lifetime. Not that I havent had autos, I have a highly worked over 1911 remington - rand by packmyer too. In reality I dont carry as much as probley most of you. Lets say I rely on my nose and profile. I did a lifetime of it in a more dangerous part of the country and dont quitefeel the need to pack in this tame town. Our thing is rideing the trails in better weather on our ATV and of course, I always pack in the boonies and on road trips. I consider myself very knowledgable in the gun field as hundreds have went through my hands as it has been my passion since a kid.

I wouldn't betoo sure about that.

Here at OCDO, some people OC, some don't. Some people CC, some people don't.

Some people never OC, some seldom OC. There are some members who do not own a gun....and even a few members who cannot carry a gun by law or order of a court.

The only requirements for membership are an interest in matters 2A or guns, a willingness to register and compliance with the Forum Rules posted by jpierce.

Glad you're a revolver guy, BB. This place is wayyy mostly of semi-auto orientation.

bogus bill

imported post

Well, I sure own a pile of revolvers. I mostly own S&Ws followed by colts. My top choice is .44 specials. Own 6 of them. Heres the group picture of them, if my pictures work! I also own quite a few .45 colts, 357s, 38s, and a .44 mag and others.

IMG_1417_edited-1.jpg

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Very nice. Very nice collection.

Is that a pre-24 with the diamond grips in the first pic?

bogus bill

imported post

Okay, for you auto lovers, here is my old worked over remington rand. Some thought old man pachmyer did the best custom work on .45s in the 50s. He was the top guru back then and did this one.

MerrilsaidShawngetsthesewhenheex-1.jpg

MerrilsaidShawngetsthesewhenheexpir.jpg

bogus bill

imported post

Hank T, yes, if you meant the 6 1/2" target on bottom left. I misplaced the original magnas it came with. The top left started out as a heavy duty. I found a .44 special barrel off a 21 and had the clyinder rechambered. The triplelock top right was sent back to the factory 1n 1950 and had factory adjustable sights added. The 7 1/2" colt saa started life as a 44 wcf in 4 3/4" in 1906 and was sent to the copper queen mine at bisbee arizona. It later was converted by king gun works and old gun writer tommy bish to .44 special. The 4" 24-3 I bought new as I did the 3rd generation colt saa 4 3/4".