• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email to Rep. Keith Ripp 47th

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

Hello all, first if this is not in the correct spot would the mods move it? This is an email i sent to Keith Ripp 47th district. Feel free to copy, paste,edit, or whatever you want but start ths ball rolling now. CC is getting closer unless barrett is elected!

[size=[font=Calibri]Honorable Representative Ripp,[/font]]

[size=[font=Calibri][/font]]

[size=[font=Calibri]I have been looking over the old CCW bill S.B 403 and all looks fine. A couple of points to ponder. First Wisconsin should also attach, amend or whatever the legal term so that the Castle Doctrine][/font] is stated. The Castle Doctrine needs to be set in stone. A great example is on this link http://www.gunlaws.com/FloridaCastleDoctrine.htm .

[size=[font=Calibri]I understand that if a situation of self defense were to occur that we would try everything short of taking another person’s life, but there are times when you cannot guess what the perpetrator is thinking or going to do. I have attached a pdf file of Florida’s pamphlet they distribute on the use of deadly force. The pamphlet defines in more easy language ( not lawyer speak) the basic common sense laws and when force is allowed. In addition to the Castle Doctrine][/font] the open carry law should remain on the books as there are times we would need to open carry. I agree that concealed carry would be best, but sometimes open carry would be more preferential. I do have the original Wisconsin SB 403 in pdf but I am sure you could find it as well. There seems to be no reciprocity with other states CCW Permit in SB 403 and that should be implemented as well.

[size=[font=Calibri]Please see [/font]http://www.handgunlaw.us/ to get an idea of how this works. Since it is now February the SCOUS is going to be hearing very soon McDonald V. Chicago and if SOCUS agrees to the brief filed that will once, and hopefully for all decide if the Second Amendment applies to Local and State governments. I truly appreciate the fine job and your pragmatic view of a better Wisconsin.]

[size=[font=Calibri]Please keep me updated on your thoughts and concerns.[/font]]

[size=[font=Calibri]Kind Regards,[/font]]

insert name here.