• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Parks countdown 2-22-10

heresolong

imported post

Wow. If I were a police officer in Bellevue I would be out at the very next Tea Party rally, in uniform, holding a sign and supporting the cause.

Dave Workman

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Wow. If I were a police officer in Bellevue I would be out at the very next Tea Party rally, in uniform, holding a sign and supporting the cause.

Well, frankly it's interesting that you make this observation.

If the city has no policy, then why shouldn't a Bellevue street cop be able to turn out in uniform for something like that?

It's a real dilemma when this sort of thing happens because it lays the groundwork for a gross double standard. We can all sit back and wish she hadn't done it, but she did. That milk is already spilled.

And I don't think a single person on this forum, or over on the High Road or anywhere else would ever dream of not allowing "citizen" Pillo to take a position pro or con. I personally never would. She has just as much right to an opinion as I have, and it's been my experience with gun people that they may not like something somebody says, but in the final analysis, they understand their right to say it.

It's the bit about doing it in uniform that hits the nerve.

The whole thing is unfortunate at the very least. And it does't appear to be done with, either.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

The uniform wearing is disturbing, and being there on official business did she clock out for her testimony? How was she chosen to speak and why? City of Bellevue is neutral? I doubt that ( to be cynical ), that looks to me like they are for it, but don't want to look like bad guys to all of us who complained about their Chief of Police.

Good article Dave, what do you think does carrying while engaged in lawful outdoor activity apply to those under 21? Looking for an honest opinion and not trying to start a hardcore debate here fella's.

And for those interested in celebrating the lifting of this ban.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/34107.html

Dave Workman

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
The uniform wearing is disturbing, and being there on official business did she clock out for her testimony? How was she chosen to speak and why? City of Bellevue is neutral? I doubt that ( to be cynical ), that looks to me like they are for it, but don't want to look like bad guys to all of us who complained about their Chief of Police.

Good article Dave, what do you think does carrying while engaged in lawful outdoor activity apply to those under 21? Looking for an honest opinion and not trying to start a hardcore debate here fella's.

And for those interested in celebrating the lifting of this ban.  

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/34107.html

Well, as you know, the new statute will require the parks to regulate firearms in concurrence with the laws of the state in which the park is located. Presumably...and that's a big presumption on my part...this will enable those under 21 to have a rifle or shotgun, and those over 21 to carry a handgun. In the few states where under 21 people can also have a handgun, "presumably" that will also apply.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Just a note - Even though they didn't speak I noticed in a video several law enforcement officials, including Sue Rahr (sp?) who attended the hearing in uniform. I do, however, agree that if she was planning to speak Chief Pillo shouldn't have been in uniform as it sends the wrong message.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

RCW 9.41.240Possession of pistol by person from eighteen to twenty-one.
Unless an exception under RCW 9.41.042, 9.41.050, or 9.41.060 applies, a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a pistol only:

(1) In the person's place of abode;

(2) At the person's fixed place of business; or

(3) On real property under his or her control.

According to this on the surface that's how I read it until I look at all the exceptions.

RCW 9.41.060 Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms.

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area.

I don't just ask for the national park thing but for my own clarity on the RCW's.