Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which pro-gun organizations support open carry?

Post imported post

I've heard a rumor that the NRA does not allow guns on their property. Can anyone confirm this? Have they issued any statements on open carry? I have a feeling they are against it.

Gun Owners of America got back to me and said they "definitely support open carry."

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

NRA, SAF, are very political in what they say. So I doubt you will hear outright against it. From what I have seen and heard SAF isn't very pro-opencarry. They use that "tactical" line a lot. And I have had some private conversations with certain members that made it seem they don't approve even more than what I had gathered from their public statements.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

That's easy...OCDO!!!
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

GOA is not very effective legislativly or with litigation.

Based on track record my money is on Alan Guraand CGF.LOC is in their sights but since the law change it will take some years to get it back.

CGF Projects Underway:
    Peña - Handgun Roster is Unconstitutional: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Pena_v_Cid
    Sykes - License to carry must be shall issue: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...s_v._McGinness

Coming:
    AB-962 Challenge
    2 Undisclosed cases already filed.
    2 more pre-McDonald cases coming.
    :celebrate

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    GOA is not very effective legislativly or with litigation. But in a shooting war those are the people I'd want around me.

Based on track record my money is on Alan Guraand CGF.LOC is in their sights but since the law
    I love Alan Gura's strategy unlike NRA and SAF he has actively pursued and "started" many cases across the country. Forcing courts to deal with 2A issues.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I love Alan Gura's strategy unlike NRA and SAF he has actively pursued and "started" many cases across the country. Forcing courts to deal with 2A issues.
    Yes he has a well planned "island hopping" strategy to isolate the other side's arguments. Give it time...

The McDonald plaintiffs (Mc D is on the right):

Post imported post

I support Gun Owners America 100%. NRA is a gun grabbing lobby! They supported the 1933-34 1968 gun control act!

Post imported post

wolfeinstein wrote:
    I support Gun Owners America 100%. NRA is a gun grabbing lobby! They supported the 1933-34 1968 gun control act!
    This article talks about that...

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/infor...em.asp?ID=3247

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

"Do not fire to the east. We are coming to you."

I may be a casualty of the war but appreciate there are smarter men and women than me.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

NRA-ILA California State Liaison Ed Worley, when he was speaking to the Greater San Diego NRA members council referred to open carry as a "jerk-off stunt".
    I don't know if that was just his opinion or the policy of the NRA.

Post imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
    NRA-ILA California State Liaison Ed Worley, when he was speaking to the Greater San Diego NRA members council referred to open carry as a "jerk-off stunt".
    I don't know if that was just his opinion or the policy of the NRA.
    I also heard someone elsegot excited too with some expressive visual"speech" (possibly not 1st A. protected?)... Lets not throw stones in glass houses.

Post imported post

The original poster was asking about who was for or against open carry. If we want to explore how Flintlock Tom made an ass of himself, and then apologized, we could start a new (lengthy) thread.

State Researcher

Post imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
    The original poster was asking about who was for or against open carry. If we want to explore how Flintlock Tom made an ass of himself, and then apologized, we could start a new (lengthy) thread.
    Please do! I haven't heard about this yet... post pics if available!

Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let sleeping dogs lie....

The NRA is a lot of things that are hard to quantify into hard and fast positions. Suffice to say they support loaded carry. In Wisconsin they've been supportive of LOC as it is and CCW reform.

Post imported post

I agree.

Post imported post

With the number of NRA members (I'm one)and other gun owners, why does the NRA keep operating their boiler room to scare people with the impending takeover of our rights by the UN? I got my 3rd call Monday.

Post imported post

They compromise

Post imported post

"We think it's reasonable to support the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act. ... We think it's reasonable to expect full enforcement of federal firearms laws by the federal government. ... That's why we support Project Exile -- the fierce prosecution of federal gun laws...we think it's reasonable because it works. ... We only support what works and our list is proud."
    —NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre
    Congressional Testimony, May 27, 1999
    Hearing Before 106th Congress
    House of Representatives
    Committee On The Judiciary
    Subcommittee On Crime
    First Session

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

No "We" don't.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

The NRA compromises. I do NOT compromise my inalienable rights.

NUFF SAID

If you're in Oregon, send your money to the Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF)

If you're in Kalifornia (PRK) send your money to Cal Guns.

Not sure about the rest of you.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'll never be an NRA member, but I'll give them credit for one thing: they will throw their resources behind smaller litigation groups to help get good law out of the courts. The NRA helped with the Nordyke case (after Madison Society worked the case solo for about 5 years).
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

I think calguns is the best.

I also like GOA.

What we need is Sheriffs, that remember their oath,

and the Constitution & Bill of "RIGHTS " !

The Sheriffs took their oath to the people ! Not to a rouge government leader.

:what: Robin47

Post imported post

Robin47 wrote:
    I think calguns is the best.

I also like GOA.

What we need is Sheriffs, that remember their oath,

and the Constitution & Bill of "RIGHTS " !

The Sheriffs took their oath to the people ! Not to a rouge government leader.

:what: Robin47
    I feel lucky our local Sheriff seems very constitutional. I have no proof of it but heard from the owners of a local gun shop that when they were trying to get their shop set up FBI and BATF wanted certain things done and the Sheriff told them they had no constitutional or legal right to enforce compliance on those issues and apparently they backed off. I really really hope that is true.

Post imported post

The county Sheriff is the top law enforcement official in their jurisdiction bar none. Nobody has the authority to supersede him or her. That is why it is of the utmost importance to have constitutional oath keepers in those offices above all else.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

I am a member of the NRA as well, dont know if I will continue to renew my memberships with them next renewal time, I have since started to contribute what I would give to them to CGF, one reason and you may think I am jerk for saying this but here goes, I get tired of the same old letters and phone calls, telling me that right now it is more important than ever to secure our freedoms and to keep sending them more money in. I have gotten this same line from them and everyone else I know that has belonged to them or does belong to them for the past forever number of years. What is even more funny to me is that I would send money in, not to get the "free gift" for doing so, but because they make it an urgent matter, but what is funny, is when you get the stupid gift in the mail, I got a generic leatherman, and on the blade it was stamped "Made in China" but NRA member on the handle. Can they at least have some damn pride and make sure that they send you american made products for christ sake, if you ask me they arent for equal or everyones rights, I dont know too many people in China that are allowed to have a gun period. It just takes the pride out of it, Sorry if I am rambling on, but as an American I am offended that they would send us members Knives that are made in China when they are supposed to be trying to suport ones rights, but Im sure the argument would be China doesnt have a constitution so it doesnt matter, to me it does matter, I dont want to support any kind of government that is anti guns and anti human rights. Like i said critisize me if you will for being picky about something like that, but have some damn american pride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast