• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which pro-gun organizations support open carry?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I'll never be an NRA member, but I'll give them credit for one thing: they will throw their resources behind smaller litigation groups to help get good law out of the courts. The NRA helped with the Nordyke case (after Madison Society worked the case solo for about 5 years).

Robin47

imported post

I think calguns is the best.

I also like GOA.

What we need is Sheriffs, that remember their oath,

and the Constitution & Bill of "RIGHTS " !

The Sheriffs took their oath to the people ! Not to a rouge government leader.

:what::uhoh::banghead: Robin47

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Robin47 wrote:
I think calguns is the best.

I also like GOA.

What we need is Sheriffs, that remember their oath,

and the Constitution & Bill of "RIGHTS " !

The Sheriffs took their oath to the people ! Not to a rouge government leader.

:what::uhoh::banghead: Robin47
I feel lucky our local Sheriff seems very constitutional. I have no proof of it but heard from the owners of a local gun shop that when they were trying to get their shop set up FBI and BATF wanted certain things done and the Sheriff told them they had no constitutional or legal right to enforce compliance on those issues and apparently they backed off. I really really hope that is true.

wewd

imported post

The county Sheriff is the top law enforcement official in their jurisdiction bar none. Nobody has the authority to supersede him or her. That is why it is of the utmost importance to have constitutional oath keepers in those offices above all else.

SASC40cal

imported post

I am a member of the NRA as well, dont know if I will continue to renew my memberships with them next renewal time, I have since started to contribute what I would give to them to CGF, one reason and you may think I am jerk for saying this but here goes, I get tired of the same old letters and phone calls, telling me that right now it is more important than ever to secure our freedoms and to keep sending them more money in. I have gotten this same line from them and everyone else I know that has belonged to them or does belong to them for the past forever number of years. What is even more funny to me is that I would send money in, not to get the "free gift" for doing so, but because they make it an urgent matter, but what is funny, is when you get the stupid gift in the mail, I got a generic leatherman, and on the blade it was stamped "Made in China" but NRA member on the handle. Can they at least have some damn pride and make sure that they send you american made products for christ sake, if you ask me they arent for equal or everyones rights, I dont know too many people in China that are allowed to have a gun period. It just takes the pride out of it, Sorry if I am rambling on, but as an American I am offended that they would send us members Knives that are made in China when they are supposed to be trying to suport ones rights, but Im sure the argument would be China doesnt have a constitution so it doesnt matter, to me it does matter, I dont want to support any kind of government that is anti guns and anti human rights. Like i said critisize me if you will for being picky about something like that, but have some damn american pride.

yelohamr

imported post

That's the same reason I won't renew. The last two times I got the "boiler room" calls, I told the caller that if the UN wants my guns they are welcome to try, as blue helmets make great targets.

This target uses a patch that some Marines refused to wear in Somalia.