• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which pro-gun organizations support open carry?

onedavetoomany

imported post

I've heard a rumor that the NRA does not allow guns on their property. Can anyone confirm this? Have they issued any statements on open carry? I have a feeling they are against it.

Gun Owners of America got back to me and said they "definitely support open carry."

sudden valley gunner

imported post

NRA, SAF, are very political in what they say. So I doubt you will hear outright against it. From what I have seen and heard SAF isn't very pro-opencarry. They use that "tactical" line a lot. And I have had some private conversations with certain members that made it seem they don't approve even more than what I had gathered from their public statements.

cato

imported post

GOA is not very effective legislativly or with litigation.

Based on track record my money is on Alan Guraand CGF.LOC is in their sights but since the law change it will take some years to get it back.

CGF Projects Underway:
Peña - Handgun Roster is Unconstitutional: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Pena_v_Cid
Sykes - License to carry must be shall issue: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...s_v._McGinness

Coming:
AB-962 Challenge
2 Undisclosed cases already filed.
2 more pre-McDonald cases coming.
:celebrate

sudden valley gunner

imported post

cato wrote:
GOA is not very effective legislativly or with litigation. But in a shooting war those are the people I'd want around me.

Based on track record my money is on Alan Guraand CGF.LOC is in their sights but since the law
I love Alan Gura's strategy unlike NRA and SAF he has actively pursued and "started" many cases across the country. Forcing courts to deal with 2A issues.

cato

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:

I love Alan Gura's strategy unlike NRA and SAF he has actively pursued and "started" many cases across the country. Forcing courts to deal with 2A issues.

Yes he has a well planned "island hopping" strategy to isolate the other side's arguments. Give it time...

The McDonald plaintiffs (Mc D is on the right):

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"Do not fire to the east. We are coming to you."

I may be a casualty of the war but appreciate there are smarter men and women than me.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

NRA-ILA California State Liaison Ed Worley, when he was speaking to the Greater San Diego NRA members council referred to open carry as a "jerk-off stunt".
I don't know if that was just his opinion or the policy of the NRA.

cato

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
NRA-ILA California State Liaison Ed Worley, when he was speaking to the Greater San Diego NRA members council referred to open carry as a "jerk-off stunt".
I don't know if that was just his opinion or the policy of the NRA.
I also heard someone elsegot excited too with some expressive visual"speech" (possibly not 1st A. protected?)...:uhoh: Lets not throw stones in glass houses.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

The original poster was asking about who was for or against open carry. If we want to explore how Flintlock Tom made an ass of himself, and then apologized, we could start a new (lengthy) thread.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
The original poster was asking about who was for or against open carry. If we want to explore how Flintlock Tom made an ass of himself, and then apologized, we could start a new (lengthy) thread.

Please do! I haven't heard about this yet... post pics if available!

:lol:

cato

imported post

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let sleeping dogs lie....:D

The NRA is a lot of things that are hard to quantify into hard and fast positions. Suffice to say they support loaded carry. In Wisconsin they've been supportive of LOC as it is and CCW reform.

yelohamr

imported post

With the number of NRA members (I'm one)and other gun owners, why does the NRA keep operating their boiler room to scare people with the impending takeover of our rights by the UN? I got my 3rd call Monday.

onedavetoomany

imported post

"We think it's reasonable to support the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act. ... We think it's reasonable to expect full enforcement of federal firearms laws by the federal government. ... That's why we support Project Exile -- the fierce prosecution of federal gun laws...we think it's reasonable because it works. ... We only support what works and our list is proud."
—NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre
Congressional Testimony, May 27, 1999
Hearing Before 106th Congress
House of Representatives
Committee On The Judiciary
Subcommittee On Crime
First Session

We-the-People

imported post

The NRA compromises. I do NOT compromise my inalienable rights.

NUFF SAID

If you're in Oregon, send your money to the Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF)

If you're in Kalifornia (PRK) send your money to Cal Guns.

Not sure about the rest of you.