• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC reno event?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Since we have three threads going with the suggestion of a litter pickup I created a thread specifically for that idea. One thing I like about that idea is that it doesn't require a lot of money like eating out somewhere does, and as stated in one of the other threads it is a positive activity. If we can choose a time and place ahead of time enough maybe we can spread the word to some pro-gun people that don't normally OC to join us.

Mike In Reno

imported post

i was browsing around on the other threads, i dont see to many people in reno/sparks area, unless they are under a rock?

jfrey123

imported post

I've noticed a lack of Reno people as well. I'm not an active OC'er. I choose to CCW more because I'm often out with my fiancee and don't wish to put her through the possible confrontations that OC can bring.

I am, however, down for any OC event on most given weekends. Even if it's just walking with another guy. :dude:

gunrunner1911

imported post

I will even bring the trash bags.

How about an open carry sometime in Virginia City for all the$#!^ kickers? A little back to our roots in our boots? I decided to do this last time we were up there for an over night it was a blast. The locals definetly notice you and ask what your carrying and the tourist just can't believe it's real and your not part of the scenery.

I might even get all gussied up for this carry. nothing commands attention like a 44 Vaquero in a gunfighters rig.

calmp9

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
I've noticed a lack of Reno people as well. I'm not an active OC'er. I choose to CCW more because I'm often out with my fiancee and don't wish to put her through the possible confrontations that OC can bring.

I am, however, down for any OC event on most given weekends. Even if it's just walking with another guy. :dude:
I think that these people are out there. I have read about people seeing others OCing in Reno. My guess is that many are low key. Also, they may not be computer people if they are of the older generation, and that is a possibility.

It's just a guess, but it seems logical.